Minimum Wage

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
University of Washington study. I heard it on king 5 news as I was getting ready for work one morning.
Interesting that the Berkeley study found that wages increased, hours worked increased, and unemployment decreased though isn't it. Nothing wrong with trying to study the impact of these things, one study doesn't really prove much though.

I heard unemployment in Seattle is at a 9 year low, so there's that.

It will be fine

This is what you get when you make minimum wage too high.

Meet Flippy, a burger-grilling robot from Miso Robotics and CaliBurger
Wage has little impact on the move to automation. Any time a company can make a one time investment and shed themselves of all the costs of employment they will. Robots don't call in sick, don't get injured, don't file harassment claims, don't file for unemployment, aren't late, don't need uniforms, don't require employer matching taxes, don't need breaks or vacation, etc. Wage is only one small part of employment cost.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's because Obama is gone and Trump's in.
LFrLw0.gif

Interesting that the Berkeley study found that wages increased, hours worked increased, and unemployment decreased though isn't it. Nothing wrong with trying to study the impact of these things, one study doesn't really prove much though.

I heard unemployment in Seattle is at a 9 year low, so there's that.
The Berkeley study only focused on the restaurant industry. There are rumors that the mayor ordered the study to
Come out before the U of W study came out. High tech jobs are still coming to Seattle. Higher paying jobs, and low housing supply are also fueling housing prices. Not minimum wage jobs.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

The study found an 8.5 percent decrease in jobs under $19 an hour, and a 21.2 percent increase in jobs over $19 an hour.
An economic boom is going on. Labor is in high demand therefore wages must reflect that. Good luck getting a contractor right now. The one I used in April has to pay a high school kid $14 to do grunt clean up work. I believe the state minimum wage is $11.

MAKAVELI

An economic boom is going on. Labor is in high demand therefore wages must reflect that. Good luck getting a contractor right now. The one I used in April has to pay a high school kid $14 to do grunt clean up work. I believe the state minimum wage is $11.
I'm sure that contractor could find an undocumented day laborer to pay at $11.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Which is a big part of why this study is so flawed.