Misloads and The Policy

GoForBroke

I am guarrenteed 3 hours a day to move misloads minimum(wrong car, bad flip, out of sync) and 20 to 90 miles depending on which side of the center I'm on. Usually in my personal car, I can get them done alot faster than in a package car. Since I still have to make it back for the PM dispatch, and send the hour text to my DM on the number of 9.5's. Our preload could care less about the misload, had 40 on the ODSe list today(30 average). My building has 2 centers, covers 2 counties. and for the most part the two centers are split on our 5 belts, except one. Today one driver had 8 wrong cars for a route an hour drive apart in the other center. the absolute farthest apart in the building. My DM demands we make our TMOR goal each month no matter what. Yet the PL DOES NOTHING!! I make sure to record ALL mile in my personal car and put them in oasis each month

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When you had a person reading an address and making a decision. Now they don't even look to see if the PAL matches the original label. They will load 5 large boxes for Wal-Mart going to a residence because thats what the PAL has on it. COME ON PEOPLE

The system was designed so the pre-loader only had to read the PAL label. The loader used to read the address and load 3 trucks. Now you expect him to load 4 and look at 2 labels? It's been 6 plus years. FIX THE PROBLEMS.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I am guarrenteed 3 hours a day to move misloads minimum(wrong car, bad flip, out of sync) and 20 to 90 miles depending on which side of the center I'm on. Usually in my personal car, I can get them done alot faster than in a package car. Since I still have to make it back for the PM dispatch, and send the hour text to my DM on the number of 9.5's. Our preload could care less about the misload, had 40 on the ODSe list today(30 average). My building has 2 centers, covers 2 counties. and for the most part the two centers are split on our 5 belts, except one. Today one driver had 8 wrong cars for a route an hour drive apart in the other center. the absolute farthest apart in the building. My DM demands we make our TMOR goal each month no matter what. Yet the PL DOES NOTHING!! I make sure to record ALL mile in my personal car and put them in oasis each month

What center you in, I could get rich off sup working grievance!!

menotyou

bella amicizia

What building do you work in, again?

GoForBroke

What center you in, I could get rich off sup working grievance!!
Where in that post did I say that I delivered the misloads? I move them from the wrong car to the right one! I only deliver them IF the driver asks me to. As long as I have been a Sup there has not be one single grievance for a sup moving misloads. I even pick them up off the Shop Steward a few times a week!

steward71

Where in that post did I say that I delivered the misloads? I move them from the wrong car to the right one! I only deliver them IF the driver asks me to. As long as I have been a Sup there has not be one single grievance for a sup moving misloads. I even pick them up off the Shop Steward a few times a week!

Tell me if I'm Wrong but i think there is be no movement of packages by super sups. I could be wrong. But, (there is always a butt in management) at my center they used to file on this and the hourly would get paid, but (again that Butt keep's popping up) that is when our BA used to do his job.

GoForBroke

Tell me if I'm Wrong but i think there is be no movement of packages by super sups. I could be wrong. But, (there is always a butt in management) at my center they used to file on this and the hourly would get paid, but (again that Butt keep's popping up) that is when our BA used to do his job.
Why would you grieve Sup moving wrong cars? That just seems absurd to me, WE are in the business of delivering packages and servicing OUR customers. It's almost always the result of some part time union hourly not doing their job, that the misloads happen in the first place. Seriously filing a grievance for a sup moving a misload then getting it paid is just greedy and you should be ashamed! I would hate to be a customer in your building. If the misload frequency is anything like in mine, I would never get my packages. If the management had to pay a grievance every time they touched a package, than nothing would be delivered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would you grieve Sup moving wrong cars? That just seems absurd to me, WE are in the business of delivering packages and servicing OUR customers. It's almost always the result of some part time union hourly not doing their job, that the misloads happen in the first place. Seriously filing a grievance for a sup moving a misload then getting it paid is just greedy and you should be ashamed! I would hate to be a customer in your building. If the misload frequency is anything like in mine, I would never get my packages. If the management had to pay a grievance every time they touched a package, than nothing would be delivered.

I will be kind because the responses that will follow mine will slam you.

Supervisors are not supposed to touch packages--period. Shuttling of misloads is supposed to be done by an hourly. If and only if there are no qualified hourlies available should supervisors shuttle misloads.

What if you were laid off and heard from a co-worker that your on-car spent 5 hours shuttling misloads? Wouldn't you be pissed that you were not even called to ask if you wanted to do this work?

You are right about customer service. Both mgt and hourlies strive to provide customer service on a daily basis; however, we also have a contract to follow and the grievance process is our way of ensuring the contract is followed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Sure, you're absolutely correct, it's all the part timers fault.
Let's blame the $8.50/hr kid who's trying to load 4 package cars instead of 3 on their shift since PAS had made things so easy.
Short sheet every aspect of the operation and then claim the union is greedy?
GoForBroke, yea I will...
GRIEVE IT EVERYTIME!!!!!

Keep your hands off our packages.
Ya here me partner?

LagunaBrown

That supervisor is not doing his job correctly by shuttling packages. Supervisors are paid to delegate work not to preform it! Bottom line is that it's union work and I have seen too many jobs taken away from us to even entertain the idea that we are the greedy ones. Mistakes happen and are part of the job, the problem is your supervisor has no plan. I think you should be ashamed of yourself for enabling supervisors and not having drivers file on the protection of our bargaining rights.

LagunaBrown

That supervisor is not doing his job correctly by shuttling packages. Supervisors are paid to delegate work not to preform it! Bottom line is that it's union work and I have seen too many jobs taken away from us to even entertain the idea that we are the greedy ones. Mistakes happen and are part of the job, the problem is your supervisor has no plan. I think you should be ashamed of yourself for enabling supervisors and not having drivers file on the protection of our bargaining rights.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You can say that again.