Misloads and The Policy

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
As you should chase misloads.... If you continue to let employees misload, then you should chase them down. It only takes about 10 misloads to have an employee terminated. I use a six step approach that will lead up to a termination that is unreversible. Go in tonight and give the employees a verbal warning with a union steward present. The first employee that gets two more misloads receives a written warning, and from then hand out suspensions until you get to a termination. 9 times out of 10 a warning letter is where it ends. People don't wake up and say "I can't wait to misload packages today at work."
You must have a huge turnover or your not on PAS.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
Why would you grieve Sup moving wrong cars? That just seems absurd to me, WE are in the business of delivering packages and servicing OUR customers. It's almost always the result of some part time union hourly not doing their job, that the misloads happen in the first place. Seriously filing a grievance for a sup moving a misload then getting it paid is just greedy and you should be ashamed! I would hate to be a customer in your building. If the misload frequency is anything like in mine, I would never get my packages. If the management had to pay a grievance every time they touched a package, than nothing would be delivered.
PAS Killed the Pre Load Star

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thank you. :) That means a lot to me. I never thought I would use the ignore feature on a member of this forum. I never used it on Tie, even.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The company that I work for has made a business decision to waste several hundred dollars attempting to discipline a driver over the alleged "theft" of 90 seconds based upon a Telematics report.

The company that I work for has made a business decision to spend well over $1000 "investigating" an "accident" involving a 15 yr safe driver who cracked a $6 mirror on a tree limb in order to document and build a case for his eventual termination.

So when that same company willfully and intentionally violates the contract that it voluntarily entered into...a contract that it encouraged me to vote "yes" on...I have no problem whatsoever with holding that company strictly accountable to the letter of the contract, no matter how minor or insignificant the violation might appear to be.

In a perfect world, there would be some give-and-take on these issues based upon logic and common sense. Unfortunately, the puppets who supposedly "manage" me are not allowed to employ logic or common sense. So if it seems unreasonable and petty to grieve a supervisor shuttling out a misload in his/her personal vehicle...too bad. UPS made the bed, now it gets to lay in it.

upsset

Our on-car normally uses a PC to shuttle misloads while our dispatch sup and center manager use their personal vehicles. I would think that they would be reimbursed for the fuel.

Let's see how long it takes for the Joe Unions to cry "grievance".

Upstate for a supposed union member you seem to be awfully anti union. How many drivers are being sent home on a regular basis where you are? If you continue to look the other way when supervisors are doing our work the company will continue and increase the frequency that this happens. Every hour a sup does our work is an hour a driver does not get paid. Where I am we haven't hired a new driver in 3 years, they send 3-4 drivers home everyday while the rest work over 9.5 on a regular basis. Drivers who don't work don't get pension contributions and the pensions are low enough as it is. If all you "Measters" don't start acting like Teamsters and enforcing our contract your likely to be retiring(if you make it) with a lower pension than you planned on.

menotyou

bella amicizia
He plans on enjoying the pension the UNION is going to be giving him. Too bad I can't take his comments about the sups working to the union and have his pension cancelled. Think he would be asking about Joe union's bitching then? Oh, wait a minute. There is a union meeting next Saturday. Guess I will take the ol' iPhone and see what trouble I can start. Hehehehe!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He plans on enjoying the pension the UNION is going to be giving him. Too bad I can't take his comments about the sups working to the union and have his pension cancelled. Think he would be asking about Joe union's bitching then? Oh, wait a minute. There is a union meeting next Saturday. Guess I will take the ol' iPhone and see what trouble I can start. Hehehehe!

Tell Brian I said "hi" and that I am seriously concerned about his health. Tell Sideburns we miss him in the building.

The pension is not being "given" to me--it will be earned after 30 years of putting up with people such as yourself.

As far as misloads go, yes, I would much prefer that an hourly shuttle them, but do you think the customer should have to wait an extra day if there are none available?

menotyou

bella amicizia
None are available because Preload was sent home. Who made that choice? If misloads are a daily issue because of the almighty number, then I guess you better keep a couple on the clock pushing a broom or answering a phone.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
None are available because Preload was sent home. Who made that choice? If misloads are a daily issue because of the almighty number, then I guess you better keep a couple on the clock pushing a broom or answering a phone.

I truly hope you go back to work soon, you really need something to do.

pretzel_man

I agree that misloads are an issue due to poor managment, but not due to chasing some number.... They are due to a failure to audit, follow up, and hold all involved accountable.

Preload management needs to do what hub management did. Hub misloads are at an incredible low number. They report all misloads and since they are all system generated, numbers cannot be fudged.

In package, a large amount of misloads go unreported and therefore, follow up with employees doesn't happen. Time is spent fixing symptoms instead of eliminating the cause.

And the cause is not a focus on production.

Hubs improved without sacrificing production and with proper attention, the same can happen in the preload.

Misloads are due to a management failure, and management can fix this if they wanted.