Misloads

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Delivery!!!, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Delivery!!!

Delivery!!! Member

My various loaders this week have a total of almost 30 misloads so far this week. That is counting ones on me that shouldn't have been and ones I was missing. Getting out of hand. How does this rank among everyone else?

2. Brown_Star

Brown_Star Methods Man

Normal....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

I have to admit, with the usual routes I cover, I have an amazing loader. I might get one a week. If they move my route to a different location, usually two or three a day. They push using the scanners hard in our building and it works out well for the most part.
    Bigger issue is finding it in the truck. Most loaders are content getting it in the right truck, putting it on the right shelf is too much of a hassle I guess.

4. BrownSkid

BrownSkid LeBrown Shames

I get maybe 1 misload a month. I take care of my loader during xmas tho... think last December I gave him $140.00 it's an incentive and I really appreciate him.

5. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

It is ten times higher than average but also still not a surprise.
    Loaders will generally get multiple (tens) of misloads per week or 0-1 per week. There are not many people in between.

6. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Winner!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

It has gotten so bad it ruins your whole day. Gone are the days when you could walk from the front to the back of truck looking for the rare occasional misload . I remember when you would be getting disciplined for misloads the standard was 1 in 3000 packages. I’ve had a dozen misloads out of 300 packages in my truck absolutely absurd

8. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

I would have paid $1400 or more for a nice loaded truck. It totally ruined everyday I worked

9. AwashBwashCwash

AwashBwashCwash Active Member

You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    You get more money per hour into your pension than some of these guys' actual wages.

10. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Unskilled labor isn't worth much. Hence the low rate of pay for loading packages into cars designed to hold them.

11. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

So, how much would it cost to get a decent load?

12. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 KILL KILL!!

I give my loads out for next to nothin

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Grey

Grey Active Member

Misloads are only acceptable if it’s near and In N Out or Chick Fil A.

14. AwashBwashCwash

AwashBwashCwash Active Member

Enjoy the misloads then.
    For the record, delivering :censored2:s and DVDs isn't "skilled labor" either. That must be why your bloated salaries are being phased out, according to your logic. Live by the sword die by the sword as they say.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

3C4AB9DB-3204-4105-95AC-138145F5610A.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Are you TRIGGERED?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Lol no skill. Why do so many fail?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  18. llamainmypocket

llamainmypocket Active Member

If its skilled then how are new drivers making scratch in their first 30 days.

19. llamainmypocket

llamainmypocket Active Member

Takes longer than that to figure out how to leave a quality load out of the mess ups sends its preloaders.

20. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Many of them will also get hurt or quit due to stress very quickly. UPS has promoted a culture for people to be permanantly bitter and/or doing stupid unsafe s*. "skilled" in this sense is the ability to be a driver or preloader that can ease their own stress and work in a safe manner.

Turns out putting things onto shelves designed to hold them and delivering them is a lot easier when you aren't cooked up on energy drinks, adreneline and stress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List