Missing $3,000 package. UPS denied claim. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Where is the signature online?
The UPS center told me they aren't requiring signatures during covid, but that the driver should still make contact. The video proves the driver didn't make contact.
I have to agree with @542thruNthru, when you filed the claim, the center conducting the investigation should have a screenshot of the the name of the person who would have signed. What did that show? Did you tell them that there is video showing the driver never making contact? Are you absolutely sure the package was sig req'd?

mordryl

You aren't going to get a satisfactory answer here.

You sure it was signature required? Even with the cvd protocols in place, the driver has to sign something on the board. This driver shows no indication of doing that. Looks like a standard driver release.

I mean if you're legitimately not trying to jerk over the company then I sympathize. However, all you've provided is motion detecting video that confirms the delivery but then coincidentally didn't work when someone supposedly took the package from your porch. Tough to really pin that one on UPS.

100% sure Adult Signature was required. I understand UPS is ignoring that now because of covid they don't want customers to touch their signature pad, but the 800-UPS phone number told me they still are requiring making contact for those.

mordryl

I have to agree with @542thruNthru, when you filed the claim, the center conducting the investigation should have a screenshot of the the name of the person who would have signed. What did that show? Did you tell them that there is video showing the driver never making contact? Are you absolutely sure the package was sig req'd?

Their data says: Received by: Michael (that's me). I did tell them that I have this video, but they never even viewed it (I know because it's still sitting at 0 views on Youtube).

They actually reopened the case for me, and 2 days later it was closed again.

I had them reopen the case AGAIN, and that's where it's at currently.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You aren't going to get a satisfactory answer here.

You sure it was signature required? Even with the cvd protocols in place, the driver has to sign something on the board. This driver shows no indication of doing that. Looks like a standard driver release.

I mean if you're legitimately not trying to jerk over the company then I sympathize. However, all you've provided is motion detecting video that confirms the delivery but then coincidentally didn't work when someone supposedly took the package from your porch. Tough to really pin that one on UPS.
My thoughts exactly. No idea how something could be signature required and never even touches the pen. We all do the same motions for deliveries nothing is different. If she force signed we would have seen it happen on that video

Poop Head

Judge me.
Runner's specialty. A quick mark on the screen with thumb, type Covid in the signature line, done.
💩✊

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Their data says: Received by: Michael (that's me). I did tell them that I have this video, but they never even viewed it (I know because it's still sitting at 0 views on Youtube).

Let me ask you a question. You think it’s ok to film people at their workplace and then post it all over the internet? Where do you work thief?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Every community has a resident troll. I guess I found the one in this community.
And every community has a thread that can’t read the sticky at the top. It’s called Customers wanting to know about their package. Just admit it, you stole it. We don’t care.

scooby0048

100% sure Adult Signature was required. I understand UPS is ignoring that now because of covid they don't want customers to touch their signature pad, but the 800-UPS phone number told me they still are requiring making contact for those.
Listen, I just delivered a package today for a plumber that was a sophisticated camera and pipe location system. Was worth about $15k. No sig required popped up in board. I got one anyways only because I knew how much it was worth. Sometimes the shipper just does not. I would actually verify from the shipper and UPS that the package was sig required. If so, then I would go onto the FB page and post that video. SOmetimes 800PickUPS is a bunch of foreigners who have no idea where something is supposed to be redirected to.

Poop Head

Judge me.

Ups owes you 3k plus legal expenses plus pain and suffering. Dont give up. This driver is scum and needs to be held accountable.
💩✊

mordryl

Listen, I just delivered a package today for a plumber that was a sophisticated camera and pipe location system. Was worth about $15k. No sig required popped up in board. I got one anyways only because I knew how much it was worth. Sometimes the shipper just does not. I would actually verify from the shipper and UPS that the package was sig required. If so, then I would go onto the FB page and post that video. SOmetimes 800PickUPS is a bunch of foreigners who have no idea where something is supposed to be redirected to.

Sorry should have specified that earlier. Yes both shipper and UPS confirmed Adult Signature Required was on the shipment.

mordryl

Ups owes you 3k plus legal expenses plus pain and suffering. Dont give up. This driver is scum and needs to be held accountable.

Lol. Sarcasm right...? I wouldn't call them scum for messing up...they might be a new driver. I've never seen this driver before.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My thoughts exactly. No idea how something could be signature required and never even touches the pen. We all do the same motions for deliveries nothing is different. If she force signed we would have seen it happen on that video
as shes walking up she takes her thumb and scratches the screen it looks like. Never signed like that? Thought that was the standard COD signature at night lol

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Sorry should have specified that earlier. Yes both shipper and UPS confirmed Adult Signature Required was on the shipment.
If you have the video of no actual contact was made and they know it was signature required then I don’t see how it’s not a cut and dry case. Unless you’re not telling us everything?

scooby0048

If the driver pencil-whipped the sig requirement then that's on them. Ask for the center manager to call or meet you personally so you can actually show them the video. Not having the remaining video of who took the package is going to bite you in the ass. Did you file a police report for burglary? You should.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you have the video of no actual contact was made and they know it was signature required then I don’t see how it’s not a cut and dry case. Unless you’re not telling us everything?
Here is the other issue.....doesnt sound like it was insured for $3000 otherwise the driver would have known they had a high value at that address and would be a maroon to leave it

purehavanne

Did you have the package insured for $3000? Otherwise the value is assumed to be $100. And it was actually delivered so you don’t get the $100.

And let me get this straight... your camera can record a UPS truck pulling up across the street but not sensitive enough to film the thief?? Sounds fishy tbh

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Did you have the package insured for $3000? Otherwise the value is assumed to be $100. And it was actually delivered so you don’t get the $100.

And let me get this straight... your camera can record a UPS truck pulling up across the street but not sensitive enough to film the thief?? Sounds fishy tbh
Package is visually hidden from the road too

Status
Not open for further replies.