Missing $3,000 package. UPS denied claim. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
File a police report and call the shipper that's the best you can do at this point. My question is why would you not have contacted the police if something 3000 dollars goes missing from my house im making a report. UPS is going to throw everything they have at not paying you the money, the driver should have made contact with an adult. But as many have said they are a runner gunnar and don't give a :censored2: about following standard methods and want to get home as fast as possible. Nobody cares about who, what, where, when and why pertaining to your package but you so I suggest calling the cops and making a report ASAP.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Not yet. UPS said they might ask me to, and they came back the day after I filed the claim asking me to sign a paper saying I'd be willing to do that, but they haven't asked me to yet.

$3k palladium coin and you haven't filed a police report? WTH is wrong with you. That's a grand theft first and foremost. Second filing a report would get the coin information into NCIC immediately. Every pawn shop in the US is required to take ID, submit a report of inbound pawns / loans within a few days to local police. Police in turn check NCIC for hits.

When I was a cop, I would have interviewed the complainant to see if the story flows well then I would have checked NCIC immediately after. One of two things would have happened...the complainant would have been caught lying and arrested or the person selling the stolen item would have been identified and arrested. Two weeks later and you still haven't filed? Good luck, getting results.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What would ever give you the idea that UPS drivers know whether a package is valuable or not? We don’t care. We deliver 100s of packages per day. You already got your answer from UPS. No sigs because of Covid. Move to a better neighborhood where your sheet won’t get stolen off your porch, or stop trying to pull a fast one. You either received it, or it was stolen. You clearly see it was delivered.
If it was properly insured the driver definitely should have known it was valuable because they should have been informed of the high value.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
No motion? There's people walking on the sidewalk in the first 20 seconds.
From the beginning of the video to the 14 second mark there is no visible motion, how do you explain your statement that the camera is activated by motion when it was recording prior to the pedestrians entering the picture? Furthermore, you conveniently fail to address why the camera has no record of the package being removed. I stand by my earlier assessment.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe at the 20 second point, but before that the camera is recording and there is no motion. Explain that.
Can you not read?

The camera is always recording. It doesn’t normally save the recording more than a few seconds. However when it detects motion it goes back
A few seconds and starts recording until the motion is over.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Can you not read?

The camera is always recording. It doesn’t normally save the recording more than a few seconds. However when it detects motion it goes back
A few seconds and starts recording until the motion is over.
So why no video of the package being taken?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Here's my problem. Adult signature required should be for alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, and guns. Palladium is not an age restricted substance. Why require an adult sig when a regular sig would suffice? Why have a $3k package shipped to your house, sig required, when you know you won't be home. Have it held in will call, or shipped to you at work.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Here's my problem. Adult signature required should be for alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, and guns. Palladium is not an age restricted substance. Why require an adult sig when a regular sig would suffice? Why have a $3k package shipped to your house, sig required, when you know you won't be home. Have it held in will call, or shipped to you at work.
All solid points when evaluating this claim as B.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.