Missing Diad messages??

Lots of times they will sit on the discipline/ official investigation until they have all the info from everyone else. If what he said is true, they would have to make sure all management was on board with the no text lie. And also make sure no records were kept of the texts. Does not surprise me they waited.
I would have responded to the OMS that I would have 25 missed stops. Talked to mgmt when I got back. And also told other drivers this story. By Monday morning, the whole center would know. And questions would be asked at the PCM.

35years

Gravy route
Call and text next time.

I may have been a set up.
Take pics. Over communicate on everything.
Let them make all the decisions.

Oceanview

Call and text next time.

I may have been a set up.
Take pics. Over communicate on everything.
Let them make all the decisions.

I did call and he lied about what was said via phone conversation... I’d like to add that my on car supervisor went home at 6:33 with my union brother

once everyone was on board. Then I would have asked “ do you want me to sheet everything as missed?”

Oceanview

once everyone was on board. Then I would have asked “ do you want me to sheet everything as missed?”

I was told to future them over the phone... so I sent a message on Diad saying via phone conversation you would like me to sheet everything as futures and not missed being dishonest correct? And I didn’t get a message back and that was the last message I sent of the day. So when I went back to the hub I sheeted everything as missed and not as futured because they wouldn’t respond to me.

Oceanview

I would have responded to the OMS that I would have 25 missed stops. Talked to mgmt when I got back. And also told other drivers this story. By Monday morning, the whole center would know. And questions would be asked at the PCM.

Should I tell drivers individually or announce it loudly a few mins b4 pcm?

542thruNthru

I was the last driver in the building. The driver who punched out b4 me was punched out at 6:33 pm and most of the hub around 4pm.

No they did not follow progressive discipline. Never a verbal or written! I’ve never brought packages back before not even during peak season.

Yes I directly questioned the dispatcher but he had never replied to 2 of my messages asking him if that was correct.

My B.A thinks this is entrapment and that we will have a field day if the messages are there but he doesn’t think they are there anymore. Kinda seemed like he was upset at me for not taking pictures of my Diad messages..

What was the official reason they suspended you? Was it not WAD. It wouldn't just say "bringing back stops."

If you did not have a warning letter for the same issue as the suspension then you need to file right away and fight it.

You should also move this thread to the union issues. They may bicker a lot there but they also have a lot of knowledge that can help.

35years

Gravy route
If it was a set up you need to be very careful going forward.

They have already shown that they will lie. You need to question anything that seems out of the ordinary and communicate via DIAD texts that you take pics of.

You may end up seeing a lot of strange mis-sorts/ mislabeled packages.
Always text asking for direction.
Take 5-10 min break and check your load at the end of the day for pkgs planted by management.
Take pics of your load after completing your deliveries.
Do not cover any mistakes, admit to them and no lies.

You have to be squeaky clean and watch your back since they have shown dishonesty.

Last edited:

Oceanview

What was the official reason they suspended you? Was it not WAD. It wouldn't just say "bringing back stops."

If you did not have a warning letter for the same issue as the suspension then you need to file right away and fight it.

It was article 17 failure to work as directed.

DOK

Wait,
I just realized the OP was fired back in October for falsifying records.

You better make sure you a taking pics and documenting everything...No excuses.
Keep a daily log as well.

Good luck. My guess is they would have fired him again if there was actually no message sent to be off by 9:45.

Always confirm they want you to bring the rest in as missed via another text.

And take pics!

I sent 2 messages for verification but I didn’t get a reply so instead of waiting for a reply that never came I went back to the hub and sheeted them as missed due to the fact that if i had stayed out waiting for conformation they would say I was to work as directed.. btw I was the last driver punched out. They driver who punched out b4 me was done at 6:33

Ever think of calling the center? I know the new thing for these millennials is texting but...

35years

Gravy route
Ever think of calling the center? I know the new thing for these millennials is texting but...
In his case, since the B.A. believes it was a set-up and management lied, he is better off texting via the DIAD and taking pics. If they don't respond, then call and make sure to follow up with a text restating what was discussed.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was told to future them over the phone... so I sent a message on Diad saying via phone conversation you would like me to sheet everything as futures and not missed being dishonest correct? And I didn’t get a message back and that was the last message I sent of the day. So when I went back to the hub I sheeted everything as missed and not as futured because they wouldn’t respond to me.

It was article 17 failure to work as directed.
You should have sheeted them the way they told you to.

Oceanview

You should have sheeted them the way they told you to.

No I sheeted them right.. because you can’t future ground packages.. I was suspended because they are claiming that the on car supervisor who was at home told me I did t have a cut off time.

Oceanview

Then why didn’t you go back out?

Because I was never told by the on car that I didn’t have a cut off time.. he’s tryin to save his own ass.. the part time dispatcher sent me a Diad messages stating I had a 930 cut off time and then 15 mins sent a message saying 945 pm the latest. I punched out at 946

Sounds like it really doesn’t matter if you had a curfew or not. But that you didn’t check in before you punched out. My argument would be. Why wasn’t I instructed to go back out? Instead I was allowed to punch out.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Why are packages being sheeted missed on saturdays? Are they not technically still treated as Monday’s work and just rolled.