Moment of silence 9/11 PCM?

bbsam

Staff member
She wasn't talking to you.
I would be embarrassed to even broach your hypothetical QUESTION to her question.
What you fail to realize in this hypothetical, is that it isn't about you, rather about thousands of our countrymen and women who didn't have a hypothetical choice.
Shut up and be respectful.

My, my. Somebody's panties are all wadded up.

It's as much about me as it is any of my countrymen. I don't see why anyone would be insulted by what I asked and have no idea what kind of white horse you think you just rode in on. But I'll make a deal with you. You shut up and I will follow suit. I won't ask you to be respectful because I doubt that's possible.

1080Driver

Its real sad that not just UPS, but so many UPSers have forgotten how much so many fellow Americans have given up regarding 9/11.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself ... probably something bbsam is thinking about now.

He is a big-time player in Current Events so he is use to getting no respect.

bbsam

Staff member
I would have no problem with a moment of silence if we had some kind of unified action on the otherside. It's a feel good for the living. So have a moment of silence if that works for you. I wouldn't stand in it's way. I don't know what you get out of it. Personally I'd rather see an effort to get more than 1% of the nation defending her. But silence for a moment every year perhaps has its place.

bbsam

Staff member
I guess I'll keep my thoughts to myself ... probably something bbsam is thinking about now.

He is a big-time player in Current Events so he is use to getting no respect.

It's not about me so I don't know if I am getting it or not. I just know I am right.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would have no problem with a moment of silence if we had some kind of unified action on the otherside. It's a feel good for the living. So have a moment of silence if that works for you. I wouldn't stand in it's way. I don't know what you get out of it. Personally I'd rather see an effort to get more than 1% of the nation defending her. But silence for a moment every year perhaps has its place.

What would a "unified action on the other side" be?
Maybe we could have a cheer?
The way I see nobody gets to "feel good" as there was nothing good about it.
Again; it's not about you, or me for that matter.
Are you the guy who refuses to take off his hat and talks during The Pledge Of Allegiance, The National Anthem, or grace/prayer?

I would join you in a moment of silence for the 99%ers.
God help us all.

bbsam

Staff member
I believe that "The Lord's Prayer" is as much recognition of what God has already done as it is requesting the day's grace.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will take my own moment to reflect as I do quite often. While companies shut down early, phones didnt work, and people worried about people they knew there, we got asked to do the ERI when we got in. They didnt understand it then, some never will.

I will watch planes flying in the path they always fly, and flight 93 flew right over my head, it was the only plane left in the sky. It was eerie, weird to see no planes, even the birds took a break.
But not us, it was business as usual, while the rest of the world went home to hug the ones they love, we kept working,. I dont know if that is good or bad, we just did.

That is when I started paying attention to what was happening in the world. Before that, I couldnt tell you anything about any of the people who run our country, who my congressman, or senator was, and didnt care. I know Im always watching the sky, listening to the news and waiting for the next shoe to drop.

I liked it better when I didnt know or care. But I will say a prayer for those people who chose between dying in a fire or jumping out of a skyscraper. Amen.

Buck Fifty

I will take my own moment to reflect as I do quite often. While companies shut down early, phones didnt work, and people worried about people they knew there, we got asked to do the ERI when we got in. They didnt understand it then, some never will.

I will watch planes flying in the path they always fly, and flight 93 flew right over my head, it was the only plane left in the sky. It was eerie, weird to see no planes, even the birds took a break.
But not us, it was business as usual, while the rest of the world went home to hug the ones they love, we kept working,. I dont know if that is good or bad, we just did.

That is when I started paying attention to what was happening in the world. Before that, I couldnt tell you anything about any of the people who run our country, who my congressman, or senator was, and didnt care. I know Im always watching the sky, listening to the news and waiting for the next shoe to drop.

I liked it better when I didnt know or care. But I will say a prayer for those people who chose between dying in a fire or jumping out of a skyscraper. Amen.

Amen

Maybe you and the others can meet at the flagpole. Maybe you could let the dead bury their own as Christ suuggested.
After elevan years it still hurts as if it just happened. The anniversary of this brings the hurt out in some of us more than others. Why don't you quit why you can. You seem to be disrespecting the victims(patriots) of this horrible tragedy