Dhydratd

I have been working tues-sat for about 6 weeks now. Came in today to get some extra hours. The route that im covering is normally 120-160 stops and roughly 12 pickups on any given day. Today— 80 stops. Have you guys who started Saturday ground noticed a drop in Monday’s volume as well?
Nope! I'm averaging about 12 hours each Monday since we started Sat ground. It :censored2:ing sucks!!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They sent me a driver at 915...we started at 8 today...so by the time we transferred stuff it was 930...started heading in to building at 945 to be off by 10...103 pieces missed...roll package roll!!!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

They sent me a driver at 915...we started at 8 today...so by the time we transferred stuff it was 930...started heading in to building at 945 to be off by 10...103 pieces missed...roll package roll!!!!!
The first thing you should say to your supervisor when you walk in today is "I hope that stops per car number was worth it."

MrBates

We've been running Saturday ground for about a month now. There is a drop in volume on our Monday routes. The routes are not hard, or easy, just annoying. In our building most routes on Mondays are like split routes now with pieces of other routes thrown together to make it a full days dispatch. It totally throws off Orion and some days I get businesses that I am not familiar with so we get some late savers and more missed. Oh well...paid by the hour....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have been working tues-sat for about 6 weeks now. Came in today to get some extra hours. The route that im covering is normally 120-160 stops and roughly 12 pickups on any given day. Today— 80 stops. Have you guys who started Saturday ground noticed a drop in Monday’s volume as well?
Ummmmm duh

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Been taking Monday's off. Not worth the headache. Still got 4 days left. No mention of Saturday delivery yet. Also no extension to 70 hrs for peak. Today we had 3 full time drivers on preload and one tonight on metro. We can't hire anyone. Peak is going to fail miserably this yr.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The biggest issue we are facing is the one I predicted months ago: pickup containment, particularly when a Monday falls on the last day of the month or the quarter and the resultant spike in pickup volume happens on the same day that the additional routes needed to contain it are cut. Combining two full pickup routes into one car might seem like a great idea from behind a desk, but when you are trying to force 900 cubic feet of pickup volume into a P-700 that is still half full of undelivered business stops at 4:00 PM its not such a great idea after all.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I’m mon-fri and Monday’s are so easy nowadays. Thank you Saturday drivers