Indecisi0n

This is exactly the kind of thing that should never be happening. We are union employees. We have rights. This isn’t FedEx where they force some employees to take 5 hour breaks everyday because they have nothing for them to do.

If you are a M-friend driver you work M-friend. If you’re a T-S driver you work T-S. NO EXCEPTIONS. If they’re short handed because they didn’t plan properly or the 6 day workweek is screwing them up staffing wise, that is there problem. NOT OUR PROBLEM.

We don’t have Saturday ground where I am yet. Supposedly sometime this year. When this talk first started I made posts saying how PO’ed I was going to be if I got shifted T-S. Luckily I should be well outside the cut line thanks to all the new drivers we’ve hired and not as many people being needed as I thought. That being said if I was moved to T-S, I would laugh right in there face if they ever tried to force me in on Monday. Would never happen.
In our local we cannot under any circumstances be forced to work a 6th day.

Indecisi0n

Same here in the 177. But the OP is saying they are forcing Monday and giving another day off. That’s unacceptable. Should never be happening.
Now that I am not aware of how it works. I am under the understanding they can't just changed one members scheduled week. Just like if they needed a few guys to start early they need to start everyone early. OP, I'd get with a business agent ASAP.

Last edited:

yadadamean116

Thanks for the responses. Our center made an agreement a couple weeks ago saying they can force t-s on Monday from bottom up. I was granted my 8 hour after a lengthy discussion. From now on I must tell them Friday when I’m messaged (forced) that I want to put in an 8 hour. It’s all BS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks for the responses. Our center made an agreement a couple weeks ago saying they can force t-s on Monday from bottom up. I was granted my 8 hour after a lengthy discussion. From now on I must tell them Friday when I’m messaged (forced) that I want to put in an 8 hour. It’s all BS
Sounds like an outside contract agreement....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't know how this goes because as an insider: If they text you on a cellphone something different we can just ignore it, what if someone does not have a phone or it is not working? posted schedule or communication while on the job is what is binding.

edit: might not have been relevant, but did he get a text???

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
so im Tuesday-Sat.. get a message Friday afternoon saying I’m working Monday. So I turn a 8hour request in at (7:32pm Friday) for Monday. Is this 24 hour notice?
Not in my building, must be done before punch in on Friday even if you are a Saturday driver.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
We also have 3 8hr requests per month. 10% of the line up from the day before is what are stewards go by in our building. But in my case being a M-friend driver, I have to put in a 8 hr request before I punch in on the Friday before to be granted a 8hr with a message to my board saying i was declined before I punch out that Friday. 8 hrs are the one thing management and dispatch will screw with and load up the numbers. But if you hold your ground and tell them you will head in with stops they will find another option to honor your 8 hr request.

Chnandler Bong

In our building, T-S drivers get 7th day punch rate (double time) if they work a Monday. Just as M-friend drivers would if they had to work a Sunday (which isn't the case...yet). It's interpreted as the 7th calendar day, not the 7th actual punch. We also get 6th punch rate (time and a half) if asked to work a Saturday, even if you haven't worked every day of your M-friend schedule. They ask for volunteers first then force from the bottom up.

35years

Gravy route
If I remember by seniority and no more then one off in your area loop.
That's what the sups will tell you...only one 8 hr per loop.
But in the Central the actual wording is that they don't have to let ALL the drivers in a loop have an 8 hour.
Big difference.
They can be forced to honor 8 hr requests for three out of four drivers in one loop, if they have the seniority. The wording is below...

"It is understood that the Employer is not obligated to let all the employees in one (1) loop off at one time"

Last edited: