Morning shuttle driver decent pt job?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Yeah, you should be okay for that duration. Try to be out by the 3rd week of December. (and don't give 'em more than two weeks notice)

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Don't make the 6 months plan known at the interview, which in all likelihood will be done by phone from another state. Total interview etiquette my friend, sound genuinely enthusiastic, get the position, achieve your goals...and then run like hell towards the money when you're done.

All FedEx chores (cannot really call them jobs anymore) are only just marginally decent in the short term.

Last edited:

l22

Recently applied for a pt morning shuttle driver. Just seeing if it's a decent pt job for the time being

If the job is just making runs to the ramp and back to the station it is good, especially if the station and ramp are far from one another. If that's the case you get to spend a lot of time just driving. Like an earlier poster mentioned, never say anything about your plans to quit at whatever time until it actually comes down to it.

Mfav24

If the job is just making runs to the ramp and back to the station it is good, especially if the station and ramp are far from one another. If that's the case you get to spend a lot of time just driving. Like an earlier poster mentioned, never say anything about your plans to quit at whatever time until it actually comes down to it.
Yea it's morning shuttle. And te ride is about 45 to an hour so it will be decent driving time

SmithBarney

(and don't give 'em more than two weeks notice)

Don't even give them that... the last three people to leave here gave two week notice, and were asked to hand in their ID's at the end of the day(same day they gave 2 weeks notice) right as they punched out... Nice company.

overflowed

Don't even give them that... the last three people to leave here gave two week notice, and were asked to hand in their ID's at the end of the day(same day they gave 2 weeks notice) right as they punched out... Nice company.
seriously? I would call in all my sick days if they did that to me.

l22

Yea it's morning shuttle. And te ride is about 45 to an hour so it will be decent driving time

If they have you going back and forth between the station and the ramp that could be really nice and it's a 45min-1hr drive that is great - the longer the drive the better. At the ramp, you'll just do a bit of loading freight into a truck - much of it MAY be just doc bags and then you'll unload those bags into the doc sort area when you arrive at the station. That long drive alone is reason enough to take the job. If I had the option right now, I would try to downgrade from courier to AM shuttle driver if I could.

Yozh69

I believe it does state that in the purple pecker package

Purplepackage

If they have you going back and forth between the station and the ramp that could be really nice and it's a 45min-1hr drive that is great - the longer the drive the better. At the ramp, you'll just do a bit of loading freight into a truck - much of it MAY be just doc bags and then you'll unload those bags into the doc sort area when you arrive at the station. That long drive alone is reason enough to take the job. If I had the option right now, I would try to downgrade from courier to AM shuttle driver if I could.

My station is to small to just have an am shuttle driver. For 2 or 3 years I would start at 5am go to the ramp for paper get back around 8am and then load my truck for my route that would run from
9-3ish good way to get an hour of overtime everyday