MOU to help only Full Timers? On topic.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Screenshot_20200412-090427_Messages.jpg

Part timers lives matter?
Ok, they predominantly don't drive, I get it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That’s part of the unions problem. They don’t do much for PTers. So some PTers don’t vote. High turnover is a factor. No question. But people who load trucks for more than a year, deserve more union respect. Some loaders are magicians, and some are awful.
I think it's more like staff the operations with double dipping drivers and watch what happens to part timers who are about to start or going thru their 30 day qualification period? You know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some loaders are magicians, and some are awful.

...and all are disposable...

I do think that the union should give those PTers who are 26 and under the option of either signing up for Teamcare or opting out and receiving an additional $1-2/hr in their wage.

The union does like those PTers who work less than 5 years as they get to keep all of their pension contributions since the PTer did not vest.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
...and all are disposable...

I do think that the union should give those PTers who are 26 and under the option of either signing up for Teamcare or opting out and receiving an additional $1-2/hr in their wage.

The union does like those PTers who work less than 5 years as they get to keep all of their pension contributions since the PTer did not vest.
The part time pension money goes to the union????

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
So if the affected employee is required to quarantine for the points listed in this MOU (and on the upsers website) and all accrued paid personal time is available after that, plus if they file under fmla with std the employee will prob get all their vacation weeks paid minus 1 week.
So I'd like someone to maybe explain that this is more than allowing (FT) drivers to double dip to raise driver staffing levels.
There should've been protection for those pters who are scheduled to start and/or actually in their 30 trial period.

Desperate times breeds desperate reactions and I know it's here but what about the pters?