My building is totally prepared for Amazon Prime Day

purehavanne

Savor the moment because this will be the last Prime day that ever matters to UPS. This time next year Amazon will have their new delivery service up and running. We won’t even feel the Prine pinch.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Savor the moment because this will be the last Prime day that ever matters to UPS. This time next year Amazon will have their new delivery service up and running. We won’t even feel the Prine pinch.
15245D94-5C8F-4E8D-9603-9B7D82ED19A3.gif

john chesney

You earned it man, nothing but respect from me.

Sidenote: I'm gonna need you to take 30 stops from me tomorrow, when are you free?
I might have to do that to warm up.Does it still get a little warm in the back of those package cars? Wait maybe the air conditioners are going to be in the contract supplements

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Big week for preload vacations in my building. Misloads galore.
Here it is driver vacations. New guys are "tearing it up" One cover beat the allowance of a P6 by 50 minutes on Monday. then they were given 30 extra stops, 70 pieces today. In my shoes more pieces/car = lower PPH = more money and late air so bring it on!!!

Rack em

Made the Podium
You must have missed it. You can know ask your safety committee chairmen for a fan to be installed....
You have to ask the local safety and wellness committee first. And if there are any disputes then it goes to the national safety and wellness committee for a final decision. So by the time this contract passes it will be damn near November when a lot of drivers don't need the fans. Then next summer will roll around and we will all ask for them and it won't happen. Grieve it, which will take MONTHS to settle as usual. So by winter 2019 we should finally get fans in package cars.

Instead they need to put fans in ALL package cars, both in the cab and cargo area! And why the :censored2: isn't that language in article 18 instead of being tucked waaaaaaay in the back at the very end of the NMA?!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I just had one of those days where everything was going right the whole morning. Quite amazing actually. Every business was there and not busy. No cars in most of the parking lots as it was early. No bulk stops today (highest piece count in the first 70 was 6 pieces.) I could walk through my car front to back without tripping on anything. My largest piece today was a bicycle.

It was just one of those rare, good days. I'm bringing my loader breakfast tomorrow morning.
This is my preload perspective that mondays are fkd up if you actually care about things.

This is because a bunch of kids who want to go home will throw s* in and dissapear as early as 7:30.
Then me and whoever remains must systematically clean up a straight line of 10 disaster vehicles. Lots of work to redo someone else's work 3-4 times on top of my own assignment.

specter208

This is my preload perspective that mondays are fkd up if you actually care about things.

This is because a bunch of kids who want to go home will throw s* in and dissapear as early as 7:30.
Then me and whoever remains must systematically clean up a straight line of 10 disaster vehicles. Lots of work to redo someone else's work 3-4 times on top of my own assignment.
You're right. Monday's suck now.

john chesney

You have to ask the local safety and wellness committee first. And if there are any disputes then it goes to the national safety and wellness committee for a final decision. So by the time this contract passes it will be damn near November when a lot of drivers don't need the fans. Then next summer will roll around and we will all ask for them and it won't happen. Grieve it, which will take MONTHS to settle as usual. So by winter 2019 we should finally get fans in package cars.

Instead they need to put fans in ALL package cars, both in the cab and cargo area! And why the :censored2: isn't that language in article 18 instead of being tucked waaaaaaay in the back at the very end of the NMA?!
They will only work in the winter and the heat will only work in the summer.