My building is totally prepared for Amazon Prime Day

john chesney

You have to ask the local safety and wellness committee first. And if there are any disputes then it goes to the national safety and wellness committee for a final decision. So by the time this contract passes it will be damn near November when a lot of drivers don't need the fans. Then next summer will roll around and we will all ask for them and it won't happen. Grieve it, which will take MONTHS to settle as usual. So by winter 2019 we should finally get fans in package cars.

Instead they need to put fans in ALL package cars, both in the cab and cargo area! And why the :censored2: isn't that language in article 18 instead of being tucked waaaaaaay in the back at the very end of the NMA?!

M

MenInBrown

I just had one of those days where everything was going right the whole morning. Quite amazing actually. Every business was there and not busy. No cars in most of the parking lots as it was early. No bulk stops today (highest piece count in the first 70 was 6 pieces.) I could walk through my car front to back without tripping on anything. My largest piece today was a bicycle.

It was just one of those rare, good days. I'm bringing my loader breakfast tomorrow morning.

Supervisor must have been riding with you. Lol

gman042

Been around the block a few times
All amazon is is an online Walmart...
I heard a commercial on the radio that stated this exact same fact...
Walmart was offering a $149 gift card for order through Walmart.com.
The exact amount that Amazon will soon be charging for its membership fee.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I heard a commercial on the radio that stated this exact same fact...
Walmart was offering a $149 gift card for order through Walmart.com.
The exact amount that Amazon will soon be charging for its membership fee.
Oh... are they raising prime to 150 a year???? Didn’t hear this.... thought they just raised it to 119???

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Plenty of amazon today but that was dwarfed by the insane amount of AC units that came in. Maybe they were amazon ACs?

edit: Yup, amazon is running %30 off frigidaire ACs.

ManInBrown

Imagine the nerve. My dispatch asked me to pull an extra leg last night and go to amazon to pull a load out. Really ticked off. Gotta love feeders.

brostalss

Prime Day is gonna just break me. I'll have to pull a set for three hours, swap trailers with the guy waiting for me and then drive back. How am I gonna do it?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
4B094A3F-51C2-44B4-9964-FA8A811A678F.jpeg
FE0B083C-2333-4124-93C6-E04A4D73DD21.jpeg
They gave us popsicles and painted my wheels for some reason so I would be ready for the day. I pulled out of the building at 10:02, it looked like half of our Preload didn’t come to work.