My route is soooo rural...

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
... I have become a dog whisperer

Mr: hey Scooby, trade u a dog treat for a signature!

Scooby: Roh-kay!

cat-paw-clipart-KijeoGeiq.gif

Me: Golly, thanks!

Enters on the board: S Dane
friend your Clemson logo

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I deliver to people so far out in the sticks, they have to come back towards town to hunt.

... Sometimes I have no cellphone signal, so I use the texting app on my powerpad (AKA brownies DIADS) & I won't get a reply until I'm near civilization, ~ 30 to 40 minutes later

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
... Sometimes I have no cellphone signal, so I use the texting app on my powerpad (AKA brownies DIADS) & I won't get a reply until I'm near civilization, ~ 30 to 40 minutes later
You can have that! I've only done one route like that and I had no service for about 4 hours. I have a few spots on my rural route where I have no service for at most 10 minutes at a time.

OrioN

LoL, I'm ok now that I know my customers... I wanted to quit at first, but ONE day, it clicked.

Stress free ever since.

Heck, mebbe that is why I'm in a rental truck all this time. Less chance of breaking down. I'm turning it in for another rental on Monday due to worn tires and brakes

OrioN

...I saw a pair of free range peacocks regularly roaming about on a certain road. A blue & and albino one... wtf!

The neighborhood says that's a normal thing for them

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
...I saw a pair of free range peacocks regularly roaming about on a certain road. A blue & and albino one... wtf!

The neighborhood says that's a normal thing for them
They're not albino, just white. I would have peacocks if I had a farm. They're better than dogs as alarms.

OrioN

???? That's why I made this thread. To see what others have experienced on a rural route...

OP needs, yeah, that's why my scanner batteries die out at about 50 -70 scans.... it's trying to connect to a Verizon tower

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
... I have to top up my windshield washer fluid every other day.... soooooo dusty
At least you don't have to deal with this.
IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

We had an infestation of biblical proportions earlier this year. Covered routes where I would have to pull over at the nearest gas station a few times a day to scrub the bastages off the windshield.