My route sucks

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
59EF63F9-9AB5-4BF0-9C39-D36A38ECB74E.jpeg

this paper but maps and addresses
🧔✊

Whither

Scofflaw
I believe the number that the company expects for you to do with a helper is 70% more stops
but the same time the likelihood of you going to accident with a helper on your car is like quadruple or some ridiculous number
Yup. Don't care where Dave or others say, I'm distracted when there's a passenger in the jump seat.

Whither

Scofflaw
It breaks your concentration and also sometimes it obstructions your passenger mirrors
I've been doing this a long time and it's still distracts me when somebody's in the car
I trained a rookie this summer. Around 270 stops/445 pieces. Not only missed a few turns, but also had a couple hard braking situations, nowhere near an accident but, again, distracted ... Punched out at 2130 after doing 210 stops on a resi route and getting bailed out by 2 drivers. Would've punched around the same time completing the route by myself.

I trained a rookie this summer. Around 270 stops/445 pieces. Not only missed a few turns, but also had a couple hard braking situations, nowhere near an accident but, again, distracted ... Punched out at 2130 after doing 210 stops on a resi route and getting bailed out by 2 drivers. Would've punched around the same time completing the route by myself.
I refuse to train rookies anymore
My nerves can't deal with that crap

DriverNerd

The Post Office around here parks on the beginning or end of the street and walks them all off in areas with city streets like these. One side, then the opposite side back. Drive to the next block. Repeat.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
So I won a route not too long ago. I only have 3 years seniority but won it because no one bid on it. I kinda figured it was going to be a crap route for this reason.

It’s basically a big residential grid, every street is two-way single lane with cars parked on both sides. Absolutely nowhere to pull over, at least for a 24+ foot long package car. So I’m blocking the road the entire day like the garbage man. There will already be cars behind me by the time I get my first stop off on each street. By stop number four or five there will by a half dozen people sitting behind me. It’s ridiculous. Funny thing is 99% of them don’t even live on the block, they’re just passing through.

Most people are patient but I get a handful of drivers that lose their minds at the inconvenience I’m causing them. Continuous honking, screaming at me, flipping me off. Every so often someone will pull up nose to nose with me and refuse to move. I figured out a way to win every time though. I tell them if they’re not moving then I’m walking the rest of my stops off. Then I bust out the hand truck and start loading it. Works every time. Yeah haven’t had to put more than three pieces on my dolly before they start backing up. Oh the look of defeat in their eyes is delicious.

Anyways, just needed to rant. Does anyone face something similar and how do you deal with it impatient jerks?
When I worked in San Francisco, people would try to physically fight me for double parking. The best way to deal with these people is a big smile and a wave. They hate it so much

Zowert

When I worked in San Francisco, people would try to physically fight me for double parking. The best way to deal with these people is a big smile and a wave. They hate it so much
That’s wild. Some people lose their minds over the slightest inconvenience. Makes you wonder what it would be like to live with them, I feel bad for their families.

flappybutt

I deliver a lot of rural highways. To follow methods I avoid backing into driveways, and cross from the back when I have too. Cars just fly by me at 65+ miles per hour, at least you have the ability to block the traffic.

JJinVA

So I won a route not too long ago. I only have 3 years seniority but won it because no one bid on it. I kinda figured it was going to be a crap route for this reason.

It’s basically a big residential grid, every street is two-way single lane with cars parked on both sides. Absolutely nowhere to pull over, at least for a 24+ foot long package car. So I’m blocking the road the entire day like the garbage man. There will already be cars behind me by the time I get my first stop off on each street. By stop number four or five there will by a half dozen people sitting behind me. It’s ridiculous. Funny thing is 99% of them don’t even live on the block, they’re just passing through.

Most people are patient but I get a handful of drivers that lose their minds at the inconvenience I’m causing them. Continuous honking, screaming at me, flipping me off. Every so often someone will pull up nose to nose with me and refuse to move. I figured out a way to win every time though. I tell them if they’re not moving then I’m walking the rest of my stops off. Then I bust out the hand truck and start loading it. Works every time. Yeah haven’t had to put more than three pieces on my dolly before they start backing up. Oh the look of defeat in their eyes is delicious.

Anyways, just needed to rant. Does anyone face something similar and how do you deal with it impatient jerks?
Occasionally I run routes like that. I just tell people that get bent, "What do you want me to do? This isnt exactly a Honda Civic?" *pointing back to a 1000* Most of the time they laugh once they realize how ridiculous their expectations of my parking are considering the sheer amount of cars parked along the street on both sides.