My route sucks

Zowert

So I won a route not too long ago. I only have 3 years seniority but won it because no one bid on it. I kinda figured it was going to be a crap route for this reason.

It’s basically a big residential grid, every street is two-way single lane with cars parked on both sides. Absolutely nowhere to pull over, at least for a 24+ foot long package car. So I’m blocking the road the entire day like the garbage man. There will already be cars behind me by the time I get my first stop off on each street. By stop number four or five there will by a half dozen people sitting behind me. It’s ridiculous. Funny thing is 99% of them don’t even live on the block, they’re just passing through.

Most people are patient but I get a handful of drivers that lose their minds at the inconvenience I’m causing them. Continuous honking, screaming at me, flipping me off. Every so often someone will pull up nose to nose with me and refuse to move. I figured out a way to win every time though. I tell them if they’re not moving then I’m walking the rest of my stops off. Then I bust out the hand truck and start loading it. Works every time. Yeah haven’t had to put more than three pieces on my dolly before they start backing up. Oh the look of defeat in their eyes is delicious.

Anyways, just needed to rant. Does anyone face something similar and how do you deal with it impatient jerks?

So I won a route not too long ago. I only have 3 years seniority but won it because no one bid on it. I kinda figured it was going to be a crap route for this reason.

It’s basically a big residential grid, every street is two-way single lane with cars parked on both sides. Absolutely nowhere to pull over, at least for a 24+ foot long package car. So I’m blocking the road the entire day like the garbage man. There will already be cars behind me by the time I get my first stop off on each street. By stop number four or five there will by a half dozen people sitting behind me. It’s ridiculous. Funny thing is 99% of them don’t even live on the block, they’re just passing through.

Most people are patient but I get a handful of drivers that lose their minds at the inconvenience I’m causing them. Continuous honking, screaming at me, flipping me off. Every so often someone will pull up nose to nose with me and refuse to move. I figured out a way to win every time though. I tell them if they’re not moving then I’m walking the rest of my stops off. Then I bust out the hand truck and start loading it. Works every time. Yeah haven’t had to put more than three pieces on my dolly before they start backing up. Oh the look of defeat in their eyes is delicious.

Anyways, just needed to rant. Does anyone face something similar and how do you deal with it impatient jerks?
Tell them you're broke down

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Every so often someone will pull up nose to nose with me and refuse to move. I figured out a way to win every time though. I tell them if they’re not moving then I’m walking the rest of my stops off. Then I bust out the hand truck and start loading it. Works every time. Yeah haven’t had to put more than three pieces on my dolly before they start backing up. Oh the look of defeat in their eyes is delicious.

I had some old man do that to me once, walking back from making the delivery and there he was nosed right up to package car. I didn't even look at him, just hopped in the cab put my feet up on the dash, and got out my newspaper. He didn't last 30 seconds before he started backing up which was a good thing cuz I didn't have all my airs off yet.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Angry people don’t bother me too bad

Did have one guy test my patience when I walked in front of his car while blocking a street and he held his horn down. Literally took my entirety to not stomp his hood in and or rip him out of the car and beat his ass

Zowert

Tell them you're broke down
Oh lol! That’s a good one, I’m using that for now on. Sorry my truck broke down, tow truck driver won’t be here for another 40 minutes, I hope you’re not going anywhere important!

I had one lady behind me recording me with her phone last week. As I walked by her she said “I’m calling UPS and reporting you!” I literally laughed out loud and told her she needed the yellow car number on the back when she called. Told her my name was John Brown. Her face turned red when she realized I didn’t give a rip. I wish I could hear the conversation she had with the UPS rep if she did end up calling.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I always tell customers my vehicle is a new self-driving UPS package car. I do not control the speed of vehicle or the park position.
🧔✊

Zowert

Angry people don’t bother me too bad

Did have one guy test my patience when I walked in front of his car while blocking a street and he held his horn down. Literally took my entirety to not stomp his hood in and or rip him out of the car and beat his ass
There is a driver at my center who will stand in front of their car when they honk at him and make eye contact until they friend off or apologize. He glances at his watch periodically, it’s hilarious. But this dude is at least 6’5” (probably taller) 250+ pounds, lifts weights every morning before work and amateur kick boxing on the weekends. Just a monster.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

If I only had 3 yrs seniority, I'd slice my wrist and bleed out on the belt

ouanling

i just call the cops if anyone gets angry or tries to block me or whatever. Cops dont do :censored2: here so i want them to work a bit.

Last week i turned left and some guy didnt do his stop and went for me. i stopped there and he also did, he refused to back up. Whole traffic started going on the sidewalks to go around us, cops came for the :censored2: and he started racing away in his little kia.

Good 15mins paid break.

Est.1998

One route i run is in student housing,
two lanes (one coming, one going)
but it's reduced to one because people are parked on both sides of the street.
A simple solution would be to deliver everything to the office but they don't accept pkgs there, soooo block traffic it is.
It's really fun when i can't find the little Amazon prime bag that's buried on a bricked out shelf.