My route sucks

Zowert

Wait, they give you a P-1200 on a resi route?

Several blocks of my route are like yours, but thankfully not the majority. Already sorted by the time I get to em and nearly always block the street. No sidewalks either, and on the worst blocks you might find a decent park position a few houses down only for someone to park a full-size pickup directly across the street as soon as you're walking off the delivery ...

There've been several hit-while-parked accidents in my building this year and far as I know all of them were deemed avoidable. So for me the first priority is not taking chances.
Yeah because I do a bulk stop to a local hospital in the morning before I move on to the actual route. Plus I usually have 200 stops. They cram 400+ pieces in my truck every day, that’s including my morning bulk stop.

clean hairy

Just lay on the horn and someone is bound to come out and tell the fool to move, or they call the cops, and the fool gets a quick education.

purehavanne

Now you know why no one bid on it LMAO.
Seriously tho those routes are character builders. Anyone who has the worst route in the center is more likely to go 30 years in my opinion. They’ve seen the worst of it and any route afterwards is a retirement route in comparison.

Park at the end of the street and bust out the handcart and walk back the whole block. Start shopping for that new truck.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
God bless you, strong union brother 👊
Cheers, brother
84D934F9-58D5-4371-8D24-034A251FC149.jpeg

Zowert

Now you know why no one bid on it LMAO.
Seriously tho those routes are character builders. Anyone who has the worst route in the center is more likely to go 30 years in my opinion. They’ve seen the worst of it and any route afterwards is a retirement route in comparison.

Park at the end of the street and bust out the handcart and walk back the whole block. Start shopping for that new truck.
I wouldn’t get done until 10 o’clock every night if I did that, but I was thinking about doing it. I would rack up the 9.5 grievance money real quick.

Peak is going to be absolute HELL on this route. I’m going to drop my helper off with a cart on one block, hit the next one by myself then swing around and pick him up. I wish I could find a defensive lineman as a helper, I’d use him to keep all these entitled motorists off my back.

Even the cyclists around here are giving me grief. This morning a guy on a bike said, “HELLO! I can’t get around you! Are you going to move?” I’m like dude where tf do you want me to move to, take your ass to the sidewalk. I’m working here while you’re at your leisure. Punk didn’t say nothing.

Whither

Scofflaw
doesn’t have to be , tell them you don’t accept a helper due to Covid-19...
🧔✊
Very curious to see how they're going to handle this. After starting to recommend a helper (and immediately getting cut off by yours truly) my supe got incredulous. "What?! Why not??" Ironically, one of the safety guys who just the day before tried to badger me into accepting a relative of his as a helper happened to overhear. "Oh don't bother, he's not gonna take a helper."

Very curious to see how they're going to handle this. After starting to recommend a helper (and immediately getting cut off by yours truly) my supe got incredulous. "What?! Why not??" Ironically, one of the safety guys who just the day before tried to badger me into accepting a relative of his as a helper happened to overhear. "Oh don't bother, he's not gonna take a helper."
Tell him you don't want to help her for the same reason that he doesn't want to give safety rides

Whither

Scofflaw
I wouldn’t get done until 10 o’clock every night if I did that, but I was thinking about doing it. I would rack up the 9.5 grievance money real quick.
Near the end of my 30 days, after it was clear I was gonna qualify as long as I didn't get into an accident, they were repaving the thru-street on the back half of the route's cake resi subdivision. Called my supe and asked him if he wanted me to sheet them EC or use the cart. Told me to use the cart. So I walked off 15 stops with the cart -- easily a 2 mile round-trip on foot. Of course one of the cul-de-sacs had a couple hyper, untrustworthy pups. And of course the pups were roaming the block that day and gave me a lot of trouble. That's a good reason I don't like to get too far from the pkg car. I've only run from dogs one time on this job (sneaky pack of 4 large dogs, was closer to the gate than I was to being ninja enough to fend them off with only my wits and the board ... and I lived to tell of it haha) I'll stand and fight when caught in the open by surprise, but I know I can keep backing away to nearby safety. When the pkg car is a block down the street, it's a different story ... you're exposed.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I hope Orion doesn’t crash , the paper manifest would be like those old gateway computers that just kept printing the banner
🧔✊

Sounds good. But damn, that's a low-key burn to us -- the company thinks the helpers are worth 200 more stops/1.5 more times efficient than we are :rofl:
I believe the number that the company expects for you to do with a helper is 70% more stops
but the same time the likelihood of you going to accident with a helper on your car is like quadruple or some ridiculous number