MY TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Magnificent Seven ,,,, taken from a Japanese film , 7 Samurai?
but a classic ,, Bronson , McQueen , Yul Brenner , Eli "Tuco " Wallach

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There are so many good movies. I look at everyones lists and think ---Damn- why didn't I think of that one. Unfortunately for every good one there are a hundred of them that SUCK. I know a few times a year when we get FREE HBO, Cinemax and the other pay extra for movie channels we very seldom can even find one or two movies that are worth watching. I would never pay to subscribe to those channels unless they dug into the movie vault a little deeper and showed more winners.
my list are movies that i watch at least once a year. but you're right . there are so many .
glad we still have over 200 VHS tapes and maybe 100 dvd's when we cant find anything decent of Netflix.

we have been watching president movies lately. American President , Dave , The Contender.
fantasy island stuff.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Magnificent seven ,, remake ,, I lasted 10 mins ,,,, sucked
True Grit ,,, I watched 1/2 hr , then I felt my fathers spirit in the room saying. Son , turn that crap off !!!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Magnificent seven ,, remake ,, I lasted 10 mins ,,,, sucked
True Grit ,,, I watched 1/2 hr , then I felt my fathers spirit in the room saying. Son , turn that crap off !!!!!
True Grit remake was excellent, you shoulda stood up to your old man for once.

oldngray

nowhere special
I stood up to him once , summah of 79 , that didn't turn out to well !!😂😂
what_will_04.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
3:10 to Yuma was awesome. But I agree most remakes are awful.
They usually only remake movies that were good the first time. Hard to improve on that. A few exceptions were directors remaking their own movies made earlier that are sometimes better than the original.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we watched the original "Intouchables" last night for the 3rd time. Excellent movie.
They remade it with an American point of view with "The Upside."

not bad but nowhere close to the original with Omar Sy stealing the show.