My UPS driver is going to hate me!

CoffeeStainedUniform

OP, if you want to be a decent guy, (or gal), make sure you leave a nice tip for the driver, this Christmas.

The job includes a lot of heavy stuff, and that's all good. But your driver will appreciate, and be more understanding, if you show you care. :)
I'm a driver, these guys are my buddies...makes it worse when I type that info out

WTFm8

I didn’t go to Restoration Hardware’s website and post “You guys are gunna hate me when I deliver your stuff”

Once again, what solution do you propose when someone orders a complete bedroom suite and has no place out of weather to put it

Please, enlighten us all with your great wisdom

EC it? Just shut your bulkhead door and stand in the back of the truck so you don't get hit with scanning with bulkhead open, then EC everything, stop complete, and off to the next stop.

Next day if it's pouring again, EC it at the building and unload at problem solve/damage clerk and tell em to call the customer.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
EC it? Just shut your bulkhead door and stand in the back of the truck so you don't get hit with scanning with bulkhead open, then EC everything, stop complete, and off to the next stop.

Next day if it's pouring again, EC it at the building and unload at problem solve/damage clerk and tell em to call the customer.
Not sure where you’re at but we don’t EC anything unless told to by management.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have been told to wrap them in as many dr bags as it takes. Tape one on, then another, then another. Twenty minutes later, as I'm finishing up, the customer starts rolling up the driveway.
First problem, tape. Finding tape at our building is like finding a dollar on the sidewalk.

WTFm8

Not sure where you’re at but we don’t EC anything unless told to by management.

Central PA.

We EC if raining and can't fit in normal DR bag or 2.

We're not allowed to mark anything damaged tho, even if liquid or glass is coming out, have to mark as NI1 and return to clerk with any other clerk packages when we get back. Not allowed to mark Missed on anything either unless we call in first... building manager says UPS doesn't recognize a business that closes at 3pm as a miss... only business deliveries after 5pm... and even then 'Mark Not-In' or 'Closed'.

Big game to alter damage or service failure stats.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
First problem, tape. Finding tape at our building is like finding a dollar on the sidewalk.

That's one thing we get plenty of, usually. The question is whether or not your tape gun will still be in the pc after preload. I've taped packages closed with label pouches and hand-written labels before, but that's not realistic for covering an irreg with dr bags. Maybe you could leave the bags connected and just wrap that :censored3: up. Just spitballin', not really being serious.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We have been told to wrap them in as many dr bags as it takes. Tape one on, then another, then another. Twenty minutes later, as I'm finishing up, the customer starts rolling up the driveway.
I wouldn’t wrap them in squat. Who knows what kind of bodily fluids are on that mattress, or bed bugs.

rod

Retired 22 years
I’m still using UPS tape and I’ve been retired 17 years. Apparently I still have a couple of connections at the old salt mine. The last time I was running low I put the word out and a six pack of it showed up on my door step the next day. :wink-very:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I’m still using UPS tape and I’ve been retired 17 years. Apparently I still have a couple of connections at the old salt mine. The last time I was running low I put the word out and a six pack of it showed up on my door step the next day. :wink-very:
Need those connections at our center. So many boxes go out, that back in your days, we would have never even thought of delivering. I also contribute this to shippers/UPS allowing packages that aren’t properly packed, into the system.