New cameras in cab

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Sorry if this has its own thread already, but does anybody have a camera installed in their cab,

My hub installed 100 today. They face the driver and send information about hard brakes somewhere. They probably detect impact too.

I heard you can be fired for covering it.
It's nothing you can do it's UPS property

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The camera that monitors and records video whenever it "senses and alerts a distracted driver" does not record video. Got it.

I hate to say it but there is an implicit cultural issue here where we as humans cannot perfectly operate under instruction. There is an implicit "reasonable" behavior that allows the vast majority of us to go accident free for a whole career but which is not entirely perfect. The company is trying to sweep the "safety" rug out from under us when it simultaneously is garbage at upholding it. If I had it my way, we would be a fleet of low speed delivery bicycles, can't get in a fatal crash then, but then poor corporate america would not be making any $.
Even robots breakdown and screw up sometimes.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We are talking about a company that refuses to order more trucks or hire more part timers while taking in record profits and volume.

No one that has dealt with ups for more than 5 seconds thinks there is any chance at all they are spending an extra dime for functions they don’t intend to utilize.
We just had a "paper pcm" this morning about scanning every package and writing down disposition on the package. "Don't be the one who doesn't ". Then, about 530 pm, get a message, " Don't sheet anything missed, we had trouble with Orion today. Give those pkgs to local sort sup". I swear these pigs have 10 sides on their mouth.

Est.1998

Driver shows up on a report for taking more than 5 minutes at 1 stop at 3:59pm. Supervisor checks camera footage from the previous day at 3:59pm, sees driver responding to a text message. Harassment and warning letters ensue.
Plot twist: the message the driver responded to was from the supervisor that checked the footage. What did the message say you ask? "Hey can you check on John after you're done?"

Est.1998

The camera that monitors and records video whenever it "senses and alerts a distracted driver" does not record video. Got it.

I hate to say it but there is an implicit cultural issue here where we as humans cannot perfectly operate under instruction. There is an implicit "reasonable" behavior that allows the vast majority of us to go accident free for a whole career but which is not entirely perfect. The company is trying to sweep the "safety" rug out from under us when it simultaneously is garbage at upholding it. If I had it my way, we would be a fleet of low speed delivery bicycles, can't get in a fatal crash then, but then poor corporate america would not be making any $.
Unless the rest of the world were also on bikes, this idea would be insane and I definitely wouldn't be a driver?

Thegameisrigged

We've had them in our trucks since before I started. We always tear off a sticky piece of an infonotice and cover them. lel Every single one in the trucks at our center are covered.
No. That’s not a camera. That’s a remote control sensor. The camera they are referring to is a lytx camera system. Look it up.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Ups says “ no driver is facing video or audio capability. How does the sensor senses distraction if the driver not being watched?
Scans eye movement/tracks patterns from the iris (which reflects light very differently)

Hundreds of GE locomotives already had this at NS for years, and Amtrak started with forward and crew facing cameras around 9/11

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
The distracted driver alert is probably AI learning a pattern between motion sensor and eye movement. My mother's 2013 Volvo does this without the camera. Just detects changes/deterioration in movement conditions (swerving, harsh braking, stabbing accelerator and brake)

CitizenTruth

Sorry if this has its own thread already, but does anybody have a camera installed in their cab,

My hub installed 100 today. They face the driver and send information about hard brakes somewhere. They probably detect impact too.

I heard you can be fired for covering it.
If the IBT
allows this, why have a union?