New cameras in cab

542thruNthru

Shouldn’t be able to stack different violations like
That though
You're correct they shouldn't be able to but that also depends on the quality of steward you have. A good steward will make sure they put the actual infraction and not just "failure to follow proper methods.”

MrBates

I heard you can be fired for covering it.
We have drivers here that swear the green light from the rearview camera monitor is a a spy cam. We have several trucks here that have the green light covered with that famous Pullman brown top corner piece of an infonote.

542thruNthru

What’s the benefit? Perhaps your culture doesn’t make sense to me. I correct safety issues. I don’t see how UPS gains by constant monitoring. It would be extremely costly with no return.

Management will use it as a harassment tool. Let's say a driver start filing 9.5 grievances and management doesn't like it. Well time to start writing him up for little things and threaten his job.

It's hard to really explain. Management at UPS doesn't have as much power as say you do with your driver's because we have a contract. So they use harassment to try and get a driver to "fall in line".

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Cameras only save g-force events. They have limited memory that constantly overwrites. Only events get sent to the cloud for review by the camera vendor. They’d have to be watching a live feed.

It supposedly does far more than save g-force events. It says it can detect unsafe driving events like cell phone use or following distance for example, categorize those unsafe events into small video clips and then notify the customer about their employees dangerous actions.

To me this looks like a way to outsource management and harass drivers.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1599075471908.png