New cameras in cab

ToteHoarder

Sorry if this has its own thread already, but does anybody have a camera installed in their cab,

My hub installed 100 today. They face the driver and send information about hard brakes somewhere. They probably detect impact too.

I heard you can be fired for covering it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry if this has its own thread already, but does anybody have a camera installed in their cab,

My hub installed 100 today. They face the driver and send information about hard brakes somewhere. They probably detect impact too.

I heard you can be fired for covering it.

does wiping a booger on the lens count as covering them up

JL 0513

I hope this isn't going company wide. I thought this would be the last thing we wouldn't have to deal with. I figured it would be too much outrage I guess it's another thing we'll fold on.

It's not about the fear of getting caught in the wrong. It's just the idea of constantly being watched. That becomes the thing on your mind while just trying to do your job.

I'd like to know what exactly their trying to find?

Have to wonder when they'll also install dash cams looking onward.

ToteHoarder

I hope this isn't going company wide. I thought this would be the last thing we wouldn't have to deal with. I figured it would be too much outrage I guess it's another thing we'll fold on.

It's not about the fear of getting caught in the wrong. It's just the idea of constantly being watched. That becomes the thing on your mind while just trying to do your job.

I'd like to know what exactly their trying to find?

Have to wonder when they'll also install dash cams looking onward.

I didn’t look too hard, but when I saw it I assumed it was both a outward and inward facing dash cam. It looks like one.

Seymour Packages

I hope the company does not stoop to this level of pettiness. What could they hope to see besides a driver getting in and out of the package car all day?

Nah
Is it permanent?

I don't know, I'm just speculating. I don't know anything about this nonsense, just that I think it will be a good while before it makes its way here. And the Teamsters haven't had their say yet. We all know UPS likes to roll out changes without telling them.