New cameras in cab

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's there.

Section 6. Technology and Discipline

"No driver shall be discharged based solely upon information received from GPS, telematics, or any successor system that similarly tracks or surveils a driver’s movements unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company)."

It will be re-defined.

Stop worrying.
What it will be is a tool for constant harrassment.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)

f47723a1a47a432e11ad9bdf4ee48e91.jpg

JJinVA

We've had them in our trucks since before I started. We always tear off a sticky piece of an infonotice and cover them. lel Every single one in the trucks at our center are covered.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We've had them in our trucks since before I started. We always tear off a sticky piece of an infonotice and cover them. lel Every single one in the trucks at our center are covered.
And how long was that
Because I absolutely do not want to see these things.
As a dropout Computer Science kid. This reeks of the "Internet of S%*7" that is to say something that claims to be technologically advanced but is actually just manual peer-to-peer surveillance equipment. Similar to the ring door bell. And this useless crap is why I dropped out in the first place. You can't be passionate about work when all computer technical related fields are stupid corporate dumpsterfires.

542thruNthru

I think you're thinking of the lens on the backing camera monitor. Thats not a actual camera.

It will be fine

Lots of over reactions here. I have them installed in my fleet. I don’t check on them terribly often. I get alerts for g-force events that show the driver doing something wrong, cell phone in hand, no seatbelt etc. No one has time to watch drivers all day. My guys forget the cameras are there after a day.

542thruNthru

Lots of over reactions here. I have them installed in my fleet. I don’t check on them terribly often. I get alerts for g-force events that show the driver doing something wrong, cell phone in hand, no seatbelt etc. No one has time to watch drivers all day. My guys forget the cameras are there after a day.
Sorry but FedEx Ground is just a step above Amazon delivery. You don't care as long as the stuff gets delivered.. You can't compare a FedEx ground contractor to UPS. UPS will monitor it constantly and write drivers up to harass them.