New cameras in cab

moldsporh

. You are not allowed to wear sunglasses if you have a camera.

Not going to happen. Never. They CANNOT tell you to not wear sunglasses.

UPS again shooting themselves in the foot. First they thought we needed to be monitored with telematics to maintain efficiency and discourage bad work practices, that only caused many hammers to slow down.

Then they used EDD to show they could reduce mileage since their wet dream is low miles equals a faster day. Nevermind the fact as seasoned drivers, we know the fastest way through our route since 99% of us want to get done and get home.

Now they are going with cameras.

Again, the sunglass thing if it was talked about, will never fly...impossible. That's like saying you cannot use sunscreen.

Bring it on, hope UPS finds out what they found out with telematics that 98% do it right.

Same with EDD, 98%.do it right and had a faster way through the route when running RDO.

Now it's going to slow way down, guaranteed. They can say what they want, they want to think half the work force is goofing off but they will slow down another 50% or more of the work force looking for the bad apples, which are (always) the 2% that don't care.

Hope the investors realize that packages will pile up, routes will always be heavy, late nights, burned out drivers from running peak routes year round. Stock price might look good now, but you can bet the customers will get fed up even more with not knowing when they will get their stuff.

Before telematics and EDD, the routes got hammered out, look at it now. Going to be worse.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1599132376560.png

Extremely scary that the IBT is not up to snuff on current technology? They are too old, running the union like it is 1985. Do not read the trades? As union reps, like a good lawyer, they should know all negative consequences of such systems for the membership?

Ghost in the Darkness

Implants?
That would assume some in management has ambition or know-how (lol) to install them. Trucks are only in the building when mechanics are there or on weekends... we know know management does even less on weekends. But there are air drivers and other gossip artist around who would blow the whistle. Drivers and mechanics would notice things.... I investigate new stuff in my truck.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
View attachment 308292

Extremely scary that the IBT is not up to snuff on current technology? They are too old, running the union like it is 1985. Do not read the trades? As union reps, like a good lawyer, they should know all negative consequences of such systems for the membership?
As soon as I saw Denis J. Taylor I breathed a sigh of relief. Relax fellas, we're safe.