New Contract Question

UPSWife228

Hi yall!! I am hoping to get a little help. I have searched the forum everyway I could think to find these answers, no luck. I know that starting rate for the 2013-2018 contract went up to 18.75 from 16.75. If history repeats itself the starting rate should go up again with the new contract, correct? Possibly to $20.75.

If the new contract brings the starting rate up to 20.75 (+$2 just like last contract) and you are in the second year of progression, you're making 19.50... would you be given a raise? Or would drivers with less seniority be making more then you?

I know it's all speculation but any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. :happy-very:

Your progression goes by what contract you started working under. Yes in the last contract they got a higher starting wage but they also want from a 3 year progression to a 4 year progression.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your progression goes by what contract you started working under. Yes in the last contract they got a higher starting wage but they also want from a 3 year progreeprog to a 4 year progression.
We desperately need to fix progression.

$18 while qualifying

$22 after qualifying.

$1 an hour raise every 6 months first 2 years.

$1.50 an hour raise every 6 months after 2 years.

Top out at 4 years.

We desperately need to fix progression.

$18 while qualifying

$22 after qualifying.

$1 an hour raise every 6 months first 2 years.

$1.50 an hour raise every 6 months after 2 years.

Top out at 4 years.
It does need fixed but I doubt that will happen. Our starting rate is almost as much as most FedeF drivers top off at
More than likely it will be 5 years this contract.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It does need fixed but I doubt that will happen. Our starting rate is almost as much as most FedeF drivers top off at
More than likely it will be 5 years this contract.
I could do 5 years (that's as long as i would ever vote for) but it would have to be significant raises every 6 months to a year. And they'd have to be at $34-35 an hour before their final raise before I would vote yes.

This $12 an hour raise or whatever it is is just stupid.

john chesney

Hi yall!! I am hoping to get a little help. I have searched the forum everyway I could think to find these answers, no luck. I know that starting rate for the 2013-2018 contract went up to 18.75 from 16.75. If history repeats itself the starting rate should go up again with the new contract, correct? Possibly to $20.75.

If the new contract brings the starting rate up to 20.75 (+$2 just like last contract) and you are in the second year of progression, you're making 19.50... would you be given a raise? Or would drivers with less seniority be making more then you?

I know it's all speculation but any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. :happy-very:
Don’t worry about the money it will come. Start thinking about doing everything without your husband. Soon you will see very little of him and when you do he’ll be trying to recover from the mental and physical abuse. It’s very hard if you have kids and NO ONE could ever understand what this job does to you unless you’ve done it. I wish you guys the best

UPSWife228

UPS wife before husbands a driver: “Why don’t you drive everyday!”

UPS wife after husbands a driver: “Why aren’t you ever home! I want a divorce!”

I will always stand by him. He is working hard long hours to give us a great life. He has always worked long hours, nothing I can't handle. Sure I miss him and love spending time with him but we make up for that when he comes home every night and on the weekends :wink-very:. I will ALWAYS stand by him and support him. I am his pitcrew. :happy-very:

Thanks for your concern... but he's stuck with me!