New Contract....who's voting yes or no and why?

tejano408

ok for those who plan to retire at UPS. I want to retire working here, but under the new contract UPS is saying that they will not be offering benefits to those who bust their ass for UPS for 25 yrs or more. They really think obama care is going to last and medicare can take care of you. After you hit the age of 65. And IBT isn't really offering anything better, first year that 2014 you would have to pay $150 a month for retirement benefits and by 2016 it is suppose to top out at $300 a month. I don't know how many of you out there are rich, but I am not and if you go out on your 25yr your only getting 2500 a month before taxes. And who know about ss it may be there it may not. But if you think that $300 a month gone stay that way in 20yrs then you are lying to yourself. Do everybody a favor and Vote NO!!!! But it won't work if you don't mail in your ballot so mail it with a NO VOTE

UPS Preloader

ok for those who plan to retire at UPS. I want to retire working here, but under the new contract UPS is saying that they will not be offering benefits to those who bust their ass for UPS for 25 yrs or more. They really think obama care is going to last and medicare can take care of you. After you hit the age of 65. And IBT isn't really offering anything better, first year that 2014 you would have to pay $150 a month for retirement benefits and by 2016 it is suppose to top out at $300 a month. I don't know how many of you out there are rich, but I am not and if you go out on your 25yr your only getting 2500 a month before taxes. And who know about ss it may be there it may not. But if you think that $300 a month gone stay that way in 20yrs then you are lying to yourself. Do everybody a favor and Vote NO!!!! But it won't work if you don't mail in your ballot so mail it with a NO VOTE

And by the end of the next contract retiree's will be paying $500+ Need to put a stop to it now and vote no.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good luck with that....... Just what we need, another person who probably has not delivered more that a few months and now knows it all... Great..........

How do you feel about someone who has delivered for 24 years and knows it all?

If you are concerned about $300/month you had best keep working until you turn 65.

sigreq

people did not see the writing on the wall, did they? first they took away the Christmas turkey. no big deal. then they took away the safe driving rewards thru the catalog. ooh that hurt a little. then they took away safe driving and no injury bbqs. ( for a couple years but we got those back )

now they are trying to nibble away at healthcare and pensions. keeping new jobs away by working everyone 60 hrs a week. increasing subcontractors or the sly and hardly anyone raising a fuss.

you could say it is our fault for not fighting for the turkeys where it all started. it's too NOT to late to draw a line in the sand.

I will not stop until I get my turkey back!!!!

balland chain

I live in the South, Local 71,, I will be voting NO.. I am not happy with the language, that is of course very GRAY again... It is always up for interpretation.. Also, keeping us in the Central States plan, that sucks, increases on the retirees healthcare costs (we have to take care of our former coworkers, they too went thru all kinds of hell, sometimes worse than what we are dealing with) they no longer have a voice and this contract affects them as well..Our pension down here is no way near Par for the other UPSers nationwide.. Not enough protection from the Nazi supervisors and MGMT, ( yeah, I am Jewish, so I feel I can cal them that since my Ctr MGR is just like Hitlers Brother.) The raise offered for both full time and PT is not enough compared to what corp officials are getting, not that I expect a million dollar bonus.. Increase the discount offered on stock to 10%, or offer us options instead of raises.. Bring back the christmas bonus, bring back the safe driving awards , speed up the grievance procedure, hold Center manager accountable for their threats, treat workers with respect ( hell that has gone out the window !) I could ramble on , but you guys will get bored with my blah blah blah.. Lets all pray to our Gods that this dog does not pass..

Theking30

SHORTY
NO. We (local 89) are getting slapped in the face. I see people posting that are in the central states insurance. They post it good insurance. Then you must not know the coverage we have. Makes the CS plan look like poop.