New Delivery Notices?

F

Frankie's Friend

I'll block people in if I have to, the point was more about taking the time to put the notes on the cars. If I'm somehow blocking in 4 or 5 cars, I could probably have made the delivery in the same amount of time it would have taken to post the notes. We could be like the post office and put notes on people's cars telling them they're in our way.
4 cars x 7'= 28'+16' dead walk space (between cars) = 44'
5 cars x 7'=35'+20' dead walk space=55'
Drive feeders to deliver metro?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
4 cars x 7'= 28'+16' dead walk space (between cars) = 44'
5 cars x 7'=35'+20' dead walk space=55'
Drive feeders to deliver metro?

Jeez, why am I getting the 3rd degree tonight? You can potentially block in 4 or more cars in a parking lot with one way lanes and angled spaces. I can block up to four regular, straight-in parking spaces on one side, if i block half of the first and last spaces.

@Bubblehead I just thought of one apartment complex I deliver to where it is nearly impossible to park anywhere on campus without blocking cars in unless there happen to be three spaces in a row that are open. Even then the cars across the way might have trouble pulling out. And parking on the street isn't an option due to the complex being on a busy street with no parking lane. Short answer, you might have to block a car if the alternative is more hazardous.

F

Frankie's Friend

"Get away from my cah m o friend o, my family is sleepin in there!"

I'm sorry sir, I was just placing this notice that I am parked behind your lovely ride.

And my what a nice piece you have there sir! Is it loaded? Uh ok. NI1

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Jeez, why am I getting the 3rd degree tonight? You can potentially block in 4 or more cars in a parking lot with one way lanes and angled spaces. I can block up to four regular, straight-in parking spaces on one side, if i block half of the first and last spaces.

@Bubblehead I just thought of one apartment complex I deliver to where it is nearly impossible to park anywhere on campus without blocking cars in unless there happen to be three spaces in a row that are open. Even then the cars across the way might have trouble pulling out. And parking on the street isn't an option due to the complex being on a busy street with no parking lane. Short answer, you might have to block a car if the alternative is more hazardous.
Remember, I said I will never say I never???

My point is....they contradict themselves "around every turn"?

Get on the 9.5 list, then spend a couple of weeks doing everything they prescribe, and watch your paid day go up, while your planned day goes down.

Those notes are ill conceived, and if the Company monitors this site, will be out of drivers pockets shortly.
They take the liability from the driver and put it back on UPS.
A complete deviation from the plan.

F

Frankie's Friend

Screenshot_20180208-232736.png

Hello, can you ask my on road supe to bring me some more of those green sticky notes?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Remember, I said I will never say I never???

My point is....they contradict themselves "around every turn"?

Get on the 9.5 list, then spend a couple of weeks doing everything they prescribe, and watch your paid day go up, while your planned day goes down.

Those notes are ill conceived, and if the Company monitors this site, will be out of drivers pockets shortly.
They take the liability from the driver and put it back on UPS.
A complete deviation from the plan.

We agree on everything about this subject, I was just trying to answer the question you posed earlier about why one would have to block a car. When you first asked I couldn't think of a good reason, and thought that it was rare for me. Once I put some thought into it, I realized it wasn't so rare. All I was trying to do, originally, was point out how absurd those notes are.

vvv

Don’t find yourself in a city often I guess. Or in a hood city, yeah, let me walk even farther from my only protection (the big brown truck) so I don’t block in this crackheads illegal park job.

As I said to another......make it managements problem. No I don't do a city route, but if I did it would sure make for good comedy and some pissed off supervision. Because my truck is never parked where it shouldn't be. I get some good long walks in on a daily basis if necessary.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's managements problem to make an adjustment then if it takes more time......not yours.
Its not about time allowances its about having to double park in a congested business area that has no (legal) parking available. Ive been there for many years. You do what you gotta do because you sometimes have no choice.