NEW DRIVER- DAY 20- NEED ADVICE

Poop Head

Judge me.
The real reason they pushed this so hard and spent the money to add the cradles is what it almost always is, money. The faster you run a route, the more stops, etc blah blah. And they think mapnav is a way to do that. And...on paper, sure. In practice? ha..
Tell them to just put back rdo, and go play with the drones!

Utility81

Well, the lowest supervisor in UPS is a PTPDS, if I recall correctly. And they have the ability to fix nav issues. It's really not that hard. But for the last few months, they haven't really been tracking that aspect, so it goes ignored.
Centers with literally thousands of "bad snaps" can absolutely destroy a route. A single bad snap can take your 67 mile route downtown to a three hundred mile adventure to the next county. And yes, a driver said :censored2: it, they tell me to follow trace, lets follow trace. It was...hilarious. He got the usual "We pay you good money to make smart decisions" but what could they do...lol.
They haven’t been tracking that this month? I understand. Our flavor of the month is overriding AP’s. Got chewed out for overriding one for an old lady. So now until I retire, I don’t care if you literally don’t have legs, it’s getting sent to the AP.

35years

Gravy route
:(
I haven't once advocated that anyone works with us. If what you guys say is true, I'd stay the :censored2: away from us.
I'm just a decent dude with respect for the drivers I supervise. I'm still all about them numbers, don't get it twisted! But the drivers get it done.

Hey, want some of his kool-aid?

::Edit::
"once again"?
So has that actually happened or is this some urban legend :censored2:?
Several times, especially before the contract.

Once called out, they usually disappeared.

Here is the whole thing....Long term drivers can tell when they are being patronized. Plenty of experience with that game at work.

So sinscere or not, you are not the a-holes I deal with on a daily basis at the office so any manager on Brown Cafe will not change the culture at our real centers.

Foamer Pyle

He’s trying to qualify, he should be using his lunch to sort his truck throughout his day absolutely. After qualification, hell no.
For me, usually after lunch, i can sort my entire car, stop for stop, in about 10 minutes. It’s tough for a rookie to be able to do that, with limited area knowledge.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
Tell them to just put back rdo, and go play with the drones!
It was getting bad, lol. Half the routes were turning orion off in huge 100+ route centers. Or some of the more clever ones thought they could fool it, which turned serious pretty quick.
They just see it as no one using their shiny, expensive new toy, Orion.

They haven’t been tracking that this month? I understand. Our flavor of the month is overriding AP’s. Got chewed out for overriding one for an old lady. So now until I retire, I don’t care if you literally don’t have legs, it’s getting sent to the AP.
Yeah man, be careful with that stuff. Met cust. on route! Orrr, if it's for the sweetest of old ladies, take it to the AP, have them sign it out as if she picked it up and break some trace and take it to her? I mean, if it's something you are comfortable doing and wouldn't get you into :censored2: tons of trouble.
Sort is being pushed hard and under 8's/over 9.5s is pretty big too. They are also REALLY starting to push "the respect zone". Coming in between 9.5 and 9.7. I had to have my center managers have PCM's with drivers coming in at those times. And it was lame, so they just basically asked them if they could find a way to save a minute here, 30 seconds there to get those 12ish minutes down under 9.5

I want to say that once peak starts they will ease up on the over 9.5s because...it's PEAK. BUT, they aren't. If they let everyone have that sweet OT, then to them it means all those PVDs and helpers aren't working. So just some things to be aware of.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
Several times, especially before the contract.

Once called out, they usually disappeared.

Here is the whole thing....Long term drivers can tell when they are being patronized. Plenty of experience with that game at work.

So sinscere or not, you are not the a-holes I deal with on a daily basis at the office so any manager on Brown Cafe will not change the culture at our real centers.

I hear you. I'm not trying to change hearts and minds. I was just struck by how us managers are uhm, well...one guy assumed my gender...can you imagine? PFFT!
...I had a hard time not just chalking it up to exaggerating stuff. But it seems for the most part, most of you have had some really :censored2:ty experiences with us. And not just that one :censored2:ty ORS, but most.
And from my experience with (Not many compared to UPS in US) different centers didn't jive. And, not sure if I said this, I know that my short time at centers isn't going to give me valuable incite into
how things -really- are there. Of course a driver will smile, shake a hand, etc.

I know I can't change :censored2: for most of you. Or any of you. I'll help out when/where I can. But for what it's worth, there are sups out there that look out for the drivers. And legit look out for them. Not bring them breakfast and
hook them up with a sweet route a couple times then :censored2: them later. Shrug. :\

Whither

Scofflaw
Oh I hear ya, trust me. I don't want to say all that much but it's a slippery slope when it comes to having a super optimized Orion route. Or I should say, going from a route that has a :censored2: Orion run...and then trying to fix it. In cases like that, which is most cases, fixing Orion just means more work for you. And yeah, not like we don't push you guys as it is...

Bingo. As a cover driver I shake my head when I see bid drivers in the dispatcher's office trying to 'fix' their routes. We already have more than enough work.

35years

Gravy route
It was getting bad, lol. Half the routes were turning orion off in huge 100+ route centers. Or some of the more clever ones thought they could fool it, which turned serious pretty quick..

I am aware how that went down.

Still there is a different way to fool it....

Management has not caught on to the alternative way.

I dont use it much, ORION pays more!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It was getting bad, lol. Half the routes were turning orion off in huge 100+ route centers. Or some of the more clever ones thought they could fool it, which turned serious pretty quick.
They just see it as no one using their shiny, expensive new toy, Orion.

Yeah man, be careful with that stuff. Met cust. on route! Orrr, if it's for the sweetest of old ladies, take it to the AP, have them sign it out as if she picked it up and break some trace and take it to her? I mean, if it's something you are comfortable doing and wouldn't get you into :censored2: tons of trouble.
Sort is being pushed hard and under 8's/over 9.5s is pretty big too. They are also REALLY starting to push "the respect zone". Coming in between 9.5 and 9.7. I had to have my center managers have PCM's with drivers coming in at those times. And it was lame, so they just basically asked them if they could find a way to save a minute here, 30 seconds there to get those 12ish minutes down under 9.5

I want to say that once peak starts they will ease up on the over 9.5s because...it's PEAK. BUT, they aren't. If they let everyone have that sweet OT, then to them it means all those PVDs and helpers aren't working. So just some things to be aware of.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
I am aware how that went down.

Still there is a different way to fool it....

Management has not caught on to the alternative way.

I dont use it much, ORION pays more!

I haven't heard anything about that. Just be careful. :censored2: like that brings out the infamous "integrity issue".

You must not be up on the latest. I took Gender Studies at the local community college...so, I'm kinda a big deal.
I can be the redheaded bimbo with the bewbs and use the mens bathroom too. I'm fluid!

*bangs head*
U7IaMMFoVwo7u.gif

upsgrunt

dys- I've been around a few years, and the things I don't get regarding ORION:
1. Why take away RDO, which we need, and give us something we don't want, ODO, at a cost that was not necessary, from a company that hates to spend money, and can't get the uniforms we need, because they failed to compensate the vendor switch. All this to aggravate the employees that do the work and make the numbers that fuel the machine? It takes longer to find the stop I need to deliver and carrot, than it takes to actually deliver the stop. In what world does this ever makes sense?
2. What major company thinks it's ok to increase their bottom line by stealing from their employees and claiming ignorance when we can see that time is clearly being stolen from us, a cardinal sin for us, but SOP for the company?
3. Why is the driver workforce being intentionally driven down in numbers, but the supervisors needed for the reduced drivers needed increased?
4. Like anything at UPS, if we all acted like we loved ORION, would they take it away just to spite us just like they shove the things we complain about down our throat?