New driver disqualified for road test

oldngray

nowhere special
“Hi, Jake from State Farm?”
Jake hello.jpg

I have a back up camera on my car, I seldom even look at it. How did we drive without cameras? Like men.
Honestly it was a big distraction for me for a long time, it took me a while to get used to it

It's not like the backup camera in your car when it only comes on in reverse you have a little TV screen in the corner eye all day long while you're driving

qdg2

Some of the new drivers have scared me. It was obvious they were just an accident waiting to happen so it was just a matter of time before they DQ'ed themselves. The ones most likely to make it were ones like preloaders who usually had car shifted so were familiar with the vehicles and also how they were loaded.
Some of the 30 year drivers scared me. Many times they had wrecklessly bad habits(running stop signs, speeding and a "I've been here 30 years and they can't do anything...". I've seen several die that way.....and kill other folks. Jackasses in their private life and at work. Like on BC.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Some of the 30 year drivers scared me. Many times they had wrecklessly bad habits(running stop signs, speeding and a "I've been here 30 years and they can't do anything...". I've seen several die that way.....and kill other folks. Jackasses in their private life and at work. Like on BC.
Drive Fast Take Chances

542thruNthru

Posting for a friend that is a 5 year part time inside employee that won a bid for full time package car driver. He has went and practiced drove with my center manager three times and was given good feedback. Long story short we now have sufficient number of drivers coming back to work from injuries etc, so we don't need another driver now. He is not sure what to do about this. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I would guess um.... wait his turn.

542thruNthru

My guy felt like he was overly critiqued. It seems like a he said she said kind of a thing. This road test lets the company pick and choose who they want as drivers. It doesn't matter if you win a bid or not anymore because the company has the upper hand on who they want to drive.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The company is the sole judge when it comes to hiring. Not much you can do when it comes to qualifying.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You can always do what I did and be a petty :censored2: for the next several years.

And once you actually score the job, comes the realization that the horrific testosterone-fueled culture (that you either failed, or they failed you, depending on smooth brain) will keep grinding away at you like a machine.

I would sooner see all the brown trucks crushed than to contribute to it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
And I don't know if you need to hear this but if you already set for retirement then you will not only outlast that supervisor but will also get to use the qualification period as a free yearly opportunity to take as much time and focus away from them as what they think they are stealing from you.