New driver

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

IMG_1560.GIF

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
Don't they have to work a consecutive 30 anymore @silenze
No its something like 30 in 90 i don't know anyone who ever worked 30 consecutive
It actually is 30 days consecutive in any Local to be QUALIFIED.

Myself along with the 3 before me are considered full time.
Full Time means Seniority. You can't gain Seniority during the Summer and you can't gain Seniority during Peak. The window is between September after the summer vacations, and November before the Peak freeze.

TheMasochist

Well I finished integrad on June 30 since then I have only driven 5 times with supervisor. Is this a normal process? Let me add they hired 3 drivers before me and plan on hiring and extra 4 after me. Myself along with the 3 before me are considered full time. And also, are the 30 days considered actual working days or is it start after integrad? My center is a very tiny one. With 10 drivers already. Rumors are they are opening more routes. But it seems that the only routes they have now, I only drive when one of them are off.
That's because you are now a PTCD.

TheMasochist

Your quoting abilities need adjusting.

I'm not wrong. They qualify you after your first 30 days. When you're through your first 30, they are then considering you for Seniority.

TheMasochist

To the OP:
You are NOT considered FULL TIME. You haven't been thru Qualification. Don't hit anything. Don't be distracted. Work as if there is a Sup on the car with you. Take it one stop at a time. Don't run and gun. Work safely and within The Methods. You very well may be sent back in the building after Peak Season. It happens. Don't get discouraged. You'll get another chance when Summer Coverage is needed. If you really want this job, then hang in there.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Your quoting abilities need adjusting.

I'm not wrong. They qualify you after your first 30 days. When you're through your first 30, they are then considering you for Seniority.
I am a full time qualified driver and I didn't work 30 consecutive days. Once I got back after day 30 I was qualified.

I think you are misunderstanding something because they "consider" you for seniority during the qualification period because that's what it's there for.

Above10200

The 30 day period is for qualification, read your contract about qualifying, not sure how long they can stretch out your qualification. Once you qualify your seniority starts. I qualified 3 years ago 30 work days straight, qualified December 2nd, get my raise the anniversary of the start of my qualification. The end of October I am one year away from scale.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The 30 day period is for qualification, read your contract about qualifying, not sure how long they can stretch out your qualification. Once you qualify your seniority starts. I qualified 3 years ago 30 work days straight, qualified December 2nd, get my raise the anniversary of the start of my qualification. The end of October I am one year away from scale.
Our supplement states it's 30 days but can be up to an additional 10 days if those days are spent in a classroom (driving school?)

I have heard of them extended the driving qualification by 5 days, but I don't know exactly how that works?

Above10200

Our supplement states it's 30 days but can be up to an additional 10 days if those days are spent in a classroom (driving school?)

I have heard of them extended the driving qualification by 5 days, but I don't know exactly how that works?
Sorry I ment how long they can spread the 30 days out, I.E. 90 days 120 days. The guy who qualified before me did his 30 days didn't qualify did another 30 days for a consecutive 60 work days. Everyone who has qualified in my center has done consecutive work days.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sorry I ment how long they can spread the 30 days out, I.E. 90 days 120 days. The guy who qualified before me did his 30 days didn't qualify did another 30 days for a consecutive 60 work days. Everyone who has qualified in my center has done consecutive work days.
Ohhhhh, our supplement is 30 days in 120 days. So it doesn't have to be consecutive days.