New kinda of stupid!

BrownSnowFlake

That is a good place to save money. Safety committees are a waste of time and money. The ultimate dog and pony show. The “ chalk talk” on the building floors that nobody reads. Give me a break.
In my building the safety committee is made up of guys who got into pretty egregious accidents and had to be on the safety committee as a condition of getting their job back. You’d think the safety committee would be full of guys with 25 year patches but that would make too much sense.

Last edited:

OhShoot

Sorry I'm late...I got here as soon as I wanted to
I get layoffs when you are overstaffed, but who is the genius behind mandatory layoffs even when you are a seriously understaffed center with low vacations and daily routes sitting? Please explain the logic here. Cut the dividend back a little if it’s that bad. Sheesh!

@catstalking
UPS has determined its cheaper to pay the ones not laid off and working long hours than have a full staff. They are saving the insurance on vehicles not on road and the gas. Not to mention the pay rate and health insurance and taxes on the ones laid off..in hopes those won't elect to work preload and sort. I don't see an end to this IMO...its the cost of doing business

Thebrownblob

UPS has determined its cheaper to pay the ones not laid off and working long hours than have a full staff. They are saving the insurance on vehicles not on road and the gas. Not to mention the pay rate and health insurance and taxes on the ones laid off..in hopes those won't elect to work preload and sort. I don't see an end to this IMO...its the cost of doing business
I hope everyone is taking that 9.5 money time to get that quadruple time if they wanna make these bad choices

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS has always been that way. Just getting worse about it now.

UPSER1987

In my building the safety committee is made up of guys who got into pretty egregious accidents and had to be on the safety committee as a condition of getting their job back. You’d think the safety committee would be full of guys with 25 year patches but that would make too much sense.
Exactly. What is anyone else going to learn from a bunch of guys that can’t handle their own :censored2:? Maybe the yankee guy poster will see the error of his ways and recant. Or maybe he is one of them. lol

UPSER1987

UPS has determined it’s cheaper to pay the ones not laid off and working long hours than have a full staff. They are saving the insurance on vehicles not on road and the gas. Not to mention the pay rate and health insurance and taxes on the ones laid off..in hopes those won't elect to work preload and sort. I don't see an end to this IMO...its the cost of doing business
This is true. That why UPS will gladly pay the grievances. It’s the cost of doing what it wants.

Thebrownblob

This is true. That why UPS will gladly pay the grievances. It’s the cost of doing what it wants.
Well, the new contract will give them quite a severe penalty with quadruple time as well as an arbitrator but in my opinion I’ll take the money if it makes you feel like UPS is doing whatever it wants lol I paid cash for a motorcycle with the money I made during Covid on 9.5. Whatever ups wants lol buying my toys and making me rich 😂

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Exactly. What is anyone else going to learn from a bunch of guys that can’t handle their own :censored2:? Maybe the yankee guy poster will see the error of his ways and recant. Or maybe he is one of them. lol
It’s contractual and it was an agreement for UPS and there pitiful safety record from OSHA. And it’s also free money lol keep giving it to us.

By the way, you sound really bitter for a guy getting ready to retire 😂

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Then talk to your local union and hold the company accountable. Get on the safety committee and make some changes. Safety committee members can vote the co chair in or out, don’t complain, act!

UPSER1987

It’s contractual and it was an agreement for UPS and there pitiful safety record from OSHA. And it’s also free money lol keep giving it to us.

By the way, you sound really bitter for a guy getting ready to retire 😂
Oh I know all that. Contractual or not, it’s still a dog and pony show.
Not sure what anyone learns watching a guy make chalk figures on the ground or a grown ass man handing a water to another grown ass man. 😂 That :censored2: has nothing to do with safety.

Thebrownblob

Oh I know all that. Contractual or not, it’s still a dog and pony show.
Not sure what anyone learns watching a guy make chalk figures on the ground or a grown ass man handing a water to another grown ass man. 😂 That :censored2: has nothing to do with safety.
It’s about $8-$10,000 extra a year for a full-scale driver 😂

UPSER1987

Well, the new contract will give them quite a severe penalty with quadruple time as well as an arbitrator but in my opinion I’ll take the money if it makes you feel like UPS is doing whatever it wants lol I paid cash for a motorcycle with the money I made during Covid on 9.5. Whatever ups wants lol buying my toys and making me rich 😂
Yep, and the vast majority will keep running their asses off and not say a word. UPS knows it has that money in the bank. Heck, they’ll even buy you another one to keep the operation moving lol

Thebrownblob

Yep, and the vast majority will keep running their asses off and not say a word. UPS knows it has that money in the bank. Heck, they’ll even buy you another one to keep the operation moving lol
Sadly, after about $300,000 worth of UPS’s money they figured out we weren’t kidding haven’t really had much 9.5. Since 😜