New members - Commonly asked questions.

annabanana318

Hello! New member here. I probably won't post a lot (since i'm only working for extra money while in school), but I do have a question that I know has been answered many times but I can't get a clear answer. Here it is:

Anyone (from personal experience please) used the EAP from UPS? I had my two applications approved (I'm taking 21 credits) and I chose to pay to school (I'm midnight sort). Anyone know how long it'll take for it to pay or is it like the reimbursement and you have to wait until the end of the semester? The only reason why I asked is because tuition is due August 31st, and I have the full amount (I'm prepared lol), but will the EAP pay it off by then since I'm NOT using the reimbursement program and using the pay to school option?
I'm sorry, I know this is a super overly asked question I bet, but my school and even my HR manager won't give me straight answers. My school said and I quote "It could be in as early as August 29th, since you submitted the application early--or as late as February next year, and you'll get a refund from your student account" lol and my HR manager said "yeah idk...tell me when you find out" >_>
Anyone know what happens from personal experience when payment will process? Before the semester starts? During? After? Should I pay with my money or wait?

Thank you, and I'm most likely going to be lurking after my question is answered, but thank you guys ahead of time!
EDIT: I took the vouchers to my school's financial aid office and they said it will be handled. But like I said, they didn't give me a clear estimation when it'll go through, so I don't know if I should pay ahead of time or not.

Newbie84

I have looked on all the forums and have found different answers that are all old. Just wondering. If ups will hire a felon for I drivers spot. I got a offer for a package handler but don't want to wait 3 yrs to be told I can't drive the hr lady said she didn't know. Does anyone know the real answer. The felony was a drug charge in 2003

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have looked on all the forums and have found different answers that are all old. Just wondering. If ups will hire a felon for I drivers spot. I got a offer for a package handler but don't want to wait 3 yrs to be told I can't drive the hr lady said she didn't know. Does anyone know the real answer. The felony was a drug charge in 2003
You got any jailhouse tats

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That will come down between the Union and UPS.
A 15 year old felony will not keep you based on DOT regulations.
If it was weed - most likely not held against you.

Feathersandarrows

Re: For all new members, a help page

Interview Package Handle

Also If you are wondering about the Tour/Interview processes you will be taken on a tour of the facility. The person will describe the job to you. It is a hard job for the pay and they will ask you what makes you want to continue the processes. If you do not like what you are seeing or hearing you can leave. After the tour is done they will take everyone with you to a room and talk about the benefits seniority and all the in and outs of the job. After this you will be called in one by one to get some basic information. Such as are you a student what brought your attention at a job at UPS. What are you looking for in this job. After this you will be told that you will get a call or to come back another day for a second interview. If you are told you will be called and are not do not feel bad call them yourself. When I was contacted by Human Ressources and was not able to reach them back I kept calling them 2 or more times a day trying to get in contact with someone. This shows them that you are persistent about getting a job. Second interview will be like the end part of the first one where they will ask you why are you interested if you are a student if you have reliable transportation. If everything goes well here they will tell you to come back for the third time here you will need to bring you Drivers Licence and Social Security card. At this time they will tell you when you training will start.

Work Wear

You will need a hard toe shoe not necessarily a steel toe but not a tennis shoe because if one of those packages falls on your foot it will hurt. This is also what the HR people told me is a must from what I have seen people to wear tennis shoes but imagine you are told to wear a safety shoe/boots and you show up in tennis shoes to your training. Also invest in a pair of gloves Mechanics brand gloves are great and I recommend them to all. They are 20$ tho but gloves will keep your hands from drying out and will also help you grip the boxes.

Best of Luck
Iggy
By the way at this time im still not an employee but will start on the 8th.
Thank you for all of your help!!! I sincerely appreciate you!
Feathersnarrows

Last edited: