New members - Commonly asked questions.

I live for Brown

You union dues go per hours worked, PT IS lower, FT is higher. You can join the union (I would) but I'm pretty sure insurance isn't until a year. Your Union dues don't cover insurance, UPS does

I live for Brown

You didn't understand me correctly BALLS, once you go FT you pay way more in dues. Also if you have single status or married with kids. I pay $97/month, when I started out15 years ago, it was only $19/month. There are many factors to take into account.

You didn't understand me correctly BALLS, once you go FT you pay way more in dues. Also if you have single status or married with kids. I pay $97/month, when I started out15 years ago, it was only $19/month. There are many factors to take into account.
I as a PTer pay the same Union dues as the FT people I work with and a lot more then Art 22.3 pay.

By The Book

And I pay the same dues working 18 hours a week as a FT working 40 hours. How is that fair?
In your career your wages got you what you have now. The ones who have around 35 years get hosed. Have you ever done a 22.3 full time progression or something other than pt work? If you did then all the wage increases on top of the higher rate probably got you there.

Once again, I come back to how long have you worked there?! I think it's a minor issue, that union protects your job!! Also do you have a family also?
Sorry I did not answer your question earlier. Over 35 years when PT made the same wages as FT. That way UPS would be penalized for creating more PT jobs. More PT employees, more benefits. More PT employees, more Union dues paid to the Teamsters. Then the company and the Teamsters saw a way they could turn over the PT jobs and collect on the initiation dues on new hires that only stayed a couple months. UPS gets cheap wages and no benefits and the Union cleans up on initiation dues.

Kre8ion

I applied for feeder driver and was contacted by HR that my interview will be a phone interview. Then HR is having me come in for a road test and physical the end of this week. Is this normal or case by case basis?

vosco

Hey i just started and monday is my last day of class before i start driving. Tuesday is my written test. The HR lady is making it seem like me and the other 4 drivers hired will be fired if we can't remember the 5 and 10. Is this true? we are all pretty worried. They say it has to be exact.

vosco

I applied for feeder driver and was contacted by HR that my interview will be a phone interview. Then HR is having me come in for a road test and physical the end of this week. Is this normal or case by case basis?
yeah i just got hired and had to do all that.