New PVD - sorting tips please?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
All you that call the PVD's, "scabs" are ignorant AF.
A "scab" is someone that crosses a picket line to go to work OR a person, hired by a company to REPLACE striking union workers.
You can believe a cat is a dog but it ain't. Maybe come up with a another derogatory name?

35years

Gravy route
And yet you disrespect every hard working driver on this forum by implying anyone can do our job. Ask UPS about the retention rate. The chance to make 100k is not enough for many. Why? The work is too hard for the snowflakes today.
Maybe as you say, you’re a good guy, but on here you just seem arrogant and obnoxious. Most on this forum bust their asses and some don’t get the pay they deserve either, but none of us appreciate an outsider with zero experience telling us how easy we have it or in my case had it.
Maybe you should think before you write, maybe you should thank a trucker for everything in your house, including the materials used to build it, instead of sneering at him.
Only one out of 3 is now making it through Integrad. Of those 33% who make it, about 1 in ten eventually qualify in our center. That means only 3 to 4 % of the young guys who are hired are able to make it.

That is of course AFTER they weed out 75% of the applicants they never even hire.

And this guy thinks at 62 years old he would have no problem qualifying.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Only one out of 3 is now making it through Integrad. Of those 33% who make it, about 1 in ten eventually qualify in our center. That means only 3 to 4 % of the young guys who are hired are able to make it.

That is of course AFTER they weed out 75% of the applicants they never even hire.

And this guy thinks at 62 years old he would have no problem qualifying.
He’s an ass

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
9sLN.gif

I can't do this topic anymore...

Philipjfry

And 100% of you can kiss 100% of my ass.

Bro you’re such a tool. Your boomer as$ comes on to a forum to brag about your work ethic and how you’re better than us. Nobody cares. If you’re such a tough SOB why didn’t you sign up for actually driving the package car and doing it?
Some D-bag like me throws you 20 stops if you can fit that in your Saturn that are essentially bags of clothes from the gap.
Do it 200 times a day. 5 days a week. 8.5-10.5 hours a day. And add in furniture, bikes, bulk items. Etc.
grow up and drop dead.

BlackFriday

He’s an ass
And you're a troll. Just joined in August? You retired and decided your new occupation is to post hate on an internet forum? Sad.
I've heard of many who are lost in life after retiring. Their life no longer has a purpose. Sound familiar?
View attachment 359373

I can't do this topic anymore...
Me either.
Bro you’re such a tool. Your boomer as$ comes on to a forum to brag about your work ethic and how you’re better than us. Nobody cares. If you’re such a tough SOB why didn’t you sign up for actually driving the package car and doing it?
Some D-bag like me throws you 20 stops if you can fit that in your Saturn that are essentially bags of clothes from the gap.
Do it 200 times a day. 5 days a week. 8.5-10.5 hours a day. And add in furniture, bikes, bulk items. Etc.
grow up and drop dead.
Again you all make it so damn easy. You just said you do 20 stops and hour. What happened to the 40+ bragged about earlier.
I'll, and 99.9% of the ups drivers I've met, will work most young people into the hospital. Too many utes don't have a crust..
After 2 weeks, doing only half of what you guys do I'll easily admit that im actually looking forward to the weekend. I'm a little sore but that's from having to get in, and out, of my Subaru outback. It's low to the ground and I'm tall which is a bad combination. If I did 10 hours and 20 stops per hour,like you folks do, I'd be suffering. After this period of suffering id be fine. Trust me. I would not quit. No way.
Ya'll condemn me as a feeble bag of bones. I aint. My physical abilities are at the very top of those my age. Not bragging, just fact.
BTW, I can still "do it" twice. I like the one in the Spring the best 😁.
Have a good weekend.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
And you're a troll. Just joined in August? You retired and decided your new occupation is to post hate on an internet forum? Sad.
I've heard of many who are lost in life after retiring. Their life no longer has a purpose. Sound familiar?

Me either.

Again you all make it so damn easy. You just said you do 20 stops and hour. What happened to the 40+ bragged about earlier.
I'll, and 99.9% of the ups drivers I've met, will work most young people into the hospital. Too many utes don't have a crust..
After 2 weeks, doing only half of what you guys do I'll easily admit that im actually looking forward to the weekend. I'm a little sore but that's from having to get in, and out, of my Subaru outback. It's low to the ground and I'm tall which is a bad combination. If I did 10 hours and 20 stops per hour,like you folks do, I'd be suffering. After this period of suffering id be fine. Trust me. I would not quit. No way.
Ya'll condemn me as a feeble bag of bones. I aint. My physical abilities are at the very top of those my age. Not bragging, just fact.
BTW, I can still "do it" twice. I like the one in the Spring the best 😁.
Have a good weekend.
please go away your novelty has worn off try fed ex

BlackFriday

The reality is that ya'll can't stand the fact that UPS uses PVD drivers. You should condemn your crap union and not the PVD drivers.
So many here judge me as incompetent because of their freakish emotional ties to the union. If I were a permanent driver my 20 stops/hr, same as UPS driver average, would not get a single negative comment.
There are drivers that are my age that keep up, and maybe out pace, the average driver I'm sure yet I'm the loser that can't fog a mirror?
As I said, too many here are FOS simply because I'm a PVD driver.
What's so wrong with admitting you're wrong? I've proven that here several times and I get crickets?

The reality is that ya'll can't stand the fact that UPS uses PVD drivers. You should condemn your crap union and not the PVD drivers.
So many here judge me as incompetent because of their freakish emotional ties to the union. If I were a permanent driver my 20 stops/hr, same as UPS driver average, would not get a single negative comment.
There are drivers that are my age that keep up, and maybe out pace, the average driver I'm sure yet I'm the loser that can't fog a mirror?
What's so wrong with admitting you're wrong? I've proven that here several times and I get crickets?
Yes, we are mad about the use of PVDs, in general. Most aren't pissy with any PVD as a person, most of us understand someone trying to make a living, even in a bad situation. It's the arrogant doosh that lights the fuse.

But, when did you do 20 stops per hour?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Ok - you are right. You are amazing. Thank you for picking up the slack. The shareholders are planning a dinner in your honor.

BlackFriday

Yes, we are mad about the use of PVDs, in general. Most aren't pissy with any PVD as a person, most of us understand someone trying to make a living, even in a bad situation. It's the arrogant doosh that lights the fuse.

But, when did you do 20 stops per hour?
I've been doing 20 stops almost every day. This is based on starting after my car is loaded.
There is no objectivity here. I'm third class in all your minds because I'm a PVD. No question I'm a "failure" because I'm a PVD.

I've been doing 20 stops almost every day. This is based on starting after my car is loaded.
There is no objectivity here. I'm third class in all your minds because I'm a PVD. No question I'm a "failure" because I'm a PVD.
When you exclude everything other than driving and delivering. That's just not how it works. From the time you leave 'til you get back, minus lunch. Fueling, pickups, routing, commuting, etc. all go against my SPORH. For example, during my delivery times I have to average 27/hr to hit a SPORH of 18 for the day.