New to forum, have a question regarding Pre-Loader Job Description

JAPRM

Hello fellow UPSers,

I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for the past month, and I finally came around to registering.

I've been with UPS for the past 5 months working the Pre-Load. Everything has been good except for the
fact what I'm making right now monetary-wise isn't cutting it. I'm looking for another part-time job.

That is where the problem lies because as I was in the process of polishing up the ol' Resume, I was
at a loss for words as what to put down for tasks/job duties/job description for both being a Pre-loader
and my past stint as a Driver's Helper.

Any input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
ask your supe for a letter of recommendation, and considering getting the other job in addition to UPS; our benefits and schooling are hard to beat for part time

JAPRM

ask your supe for a letter of recommendation, and considering getting the other job in addition to UPS; our benefits and schooling are hard to beat for part time
Thanks for the advice, my apologies for the late reply.

My current situation as of now is that of concern. Concern for the upcoming contract and what it brings.

I have been a UPSer for about a year now, and have seen the abuse PT Sup's go through on a daily basis, nevertheless, I have completed the MAPP process and am waiting to hear of any new available promotions. Time will tell for this option.

On the other hand, if I want to stay union, it's all a waiting game. A fellow co-worker recently got promoted to Saturday Air driver after 5 years loading. I can't see myself loading for 5 years for position as a driver to materialize. The benefits are great now that I got them, but who knows what will happen with the impending contract.

It all comes down to that as of right now the job market is bad, UPS is all I have right now, so I need another job to help pay the bills. Any help on my resume is welcome. Thanks.

QKRSTKR

I worked plenty of other part time jobs while playing the waiting game. From meat clerk to driving a transit bus. It sucks a bit but if you can find a job that starts right after preload your good. Retail kinda sucks because then you have the chance of working 7 days a week with no off days. That sucks too. Transit bus was the best other paying job I had.

JAPRM

You can say that you are a pipe layer.
Hah, I would too if I thought it would help any..

I worked plenty of other part time jobs while playing the waiting game. From meat clerk to driving a transit bus. It sucks a bit but if you can find a job that starts right after preload your good. Retail kinda sucks because then you have the chance of working 7 days a week with no off days. That sucks too. Transit bus was the best other paying job I had.

Thanks for the reply, it good to know that I'm not the only one to have gone through this.