New UPS dolly in our future

Brown Now

http://m.fleetowner.com/equipment/silver-eagle-offers-gap-managing-trailer-dolly

Should be interesting when pulling triples. I'll take double longs over triples any day.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1424575622.845981.jpg

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
It's so nice to have you back where you belong
You're looking swell, Dolly,
We can tell, Dolly,
You're still glowin', you're still crowin'
You're still goin' strong.
We feel the room swayin'
For the band's playin'
One of your old fav'rite songs from 'way back when

MoarTape

Should be interesting when they break. Imagine pulling into a hub and the dolly doesn't expand like it should and you make a sharp turn. I suppose they'll say you should have expected the unexpected when you roll the set.

Brown Now

Screw that. Double long boxes don't seem like any kind of fun to me. Although we don't pull trips OR double longs.

I'll stick to just doubles
Double longs are easier and more stable to pull then short doubles. Like pulling a couple of army tanks. Triples are easier to get around with,but more "wiggly" going down the pike.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Double longs are easier and more stable to pull then short doubles. Like pulling a couple of army tanks. Triples are easier to get around with,but more "wiggly" going down the pike.

Interesting. I think just once it'd be nice to pull triples, even around the lot. We aren't allowed to, though :(

Johney

No. We use a regular dolly when pulling double longs. You just have to swing very wide because they will pinch corners.
Same here. What I want to know is I see others(FedEx freight,Walgreens) on the highway pulling longs and they all seem to have eight wheel dollies. Can someone explain why?

Brown Now

Same here. What I want to know is I see others(FedEx freight,Walgreens) on the highway pulling longs and they all seem to have eight wheel dollies. Can someone explain why?
I would think its for weight distribution . Holland uses tandem dollys as well. Freight is definitely heavier in most cases then parcel.