New Video 9.5 committee, 8 hr. guarantee, unreported accidents

RoswellHub

One issue concerning 9.5s that is rarely addressed here is how to fight being worked over 9.5 one or two days. We don’t have to wait until the third day to file. Not in the Southern supplement anyway. The contract says we are not supposed to be worked over 9.5 the two other days. The language is not meant to allow for that. There is no monetary penalty for the first two days but we at least get a paper trail started by filing. I have done this a few times in the past and it worked. It might be risky for people who actually like a little overtime. That depends on how vindictive your management team is. They may knock you down closer to eight hours each day. But some people want that so maybe it’s worth a shot.
You made a good point, its good for starting that paper trial, but I am curious how the panel rules on it.

bowhnterdon

Instead of blaming the lack of Participation by the Members as a Crutch, try to help the ones that did vote. Voted it down,by the way. You would think that would be a wake-up call to DT and Company. Instead, OT is out of control more than ever. Before I Retired, I had a 3 year old Grievance on Building Conditions “Waiting in Committee”. Which was a polite way of being thrown in the trash..

How much can UPS change our start times? As a 22.4, since the end of peak season I sit around in the mornings waiting for a phone call that happens between 8:10-8:14 to see if I have a route. My start time is always posted the week before as 9:15.

I have no problem working inside the hub but the forced break in the contract doesn’t cover the start times for Day Sort (Tuesday 1300, Wednesday 1345, Thursday 1400) and Twilight Sort (Tuesday 1715, Wednesday 1800, Thursday 1800, Friday 1615). On Friday’s I can’t even get my 8 hours in with that start time because of Saturday’s start time.

542thruNthru

How much can UPS change our start times? As a 22.4, since the end of peak season I sit around in the mornings waiting for a phone call that happens between 8:10-8:14 to see if I have a route. My start time is always posted the week before as 9:15.

I have no problem working inside the hub but the forced break in the contract doesn’t cover the start times for Day Sort (Tuesday 1300, Wednesday 1345, Thursday 1400) and Twilight Sort (Tuesday 1715, Wednesday 1800, Thursday 1800, Friday 1615). On Friday’s I can’t even get my 8 hours in with that start time because of Saturday’s start time.
What Supplemental agreement are you under?

You're are guaranteed 8 hours a day if you show up as scheduled. If your scheduled start time is 9:15 you show up at that time and they have to give you 8 hours.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What Supplemental agreement are you under?

I’m not completely sure. I’m in Ohio.

You are covered under the Central Region supplement.

You're are guaranteed 8 hours a day if you show up as scheduled. If your scheduled start time is 9:15 you show up at that time and they have to give you 8 hours.

In the Central.... @Brownbucking224 would be entitled to an 8-hour guarantee if put to work.

If he reported at a scheduled start time (and not worked) he would eligible for 6-hrs "show up" pay.

In the Central.... @Brownbucking224 would be entitled to an 8-hour guarantee if put to work.

If he reported at a scheduled start time (and not worked) he would eligible for 6-hrs "show up" pay.
My center just ignores that fact. Their view is that since a 22.4 can work on the inside they can make us wait to come in and work in the inside. Grievances have been filed but that process is going to take some time.

At first I would still come in and the more senior drivers would offer me their routes but ORS would say no since 22.4s with higher seniority were called off as well but didn’t shop up at the start time.

542thruNthru

I'm going to disagree with you here BUG.

He's a 22.4 and per article 22.4 #5

If he shows up as scheduled he is entitled to 8 hours. Being that, that paragraph "shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject."