New Video! Company tries to fire a driver for eating a Pistachio

quad decade guy

While I believe the "story", I wonder what the rest of it is...

Playing the cancer card to justify marrying an illegal was a nice touch though. Perhaps giving insight to the character of the OP subject?

To be clear: Godspeed and good luck to the child.

542thruNthru

Playing the cancer card to justify marrying an illegal was a nice touch though. Perhaps giving insight to the character of the OP subject?

And you wonder why people attack you on here.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

I'm in the same local as the OP and this absolutely happened as it is presented. I remember it quite well, and shows the extent and lengths Management will go to harass,intimidate and retaliate against those who stand up for themselves

quad decade guy

I'm in the same local as the OP and this absolutely happened as it is presented. I remember it quite well, and shows the extent and lengths Management will go to harass,intimidate and retaliate against those who stand up for themselves
Ok. What's the rest of the story? What was he "standing up for himself" about? You just don't get a lock in ride for no reason. Got to be lots of history here. Do tell....

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Personal attack reported.

For a guy who likes to judge others so harshly, you would think you would try to act with a certain level of professionality to avoid being a hypocrite.

I guess not.

quad decade guy

You ARE kidding right? You HAVE to be pulling my leg
No kidding? No....Why does a guy have to make a video about how poorly he is treated at work? Then has to go to local news about his illegal wife and kids health to try and gain sympathy. IDK. Tell me. What am I missing? Do you have to go round doing all this stuff? Oh, I've seen plenty of these guys and gals in my career. All the same....rebels with no clue.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
No kidding? No....Why does a guy have to make a video about how poorly he is treated at work? Then has to go to local news about his illegal wife and kids health to try and gain sympathy. IDK. Tell me. What am I missing? Do you have to go round doing all this stuff? Oh, I've seen plenty of these guys and gals in my career. All the same....rebels with no clue.

You don't even work at UPS I bet

35years

Gravy route
I'll take that bet. Make it large. I got hangar rent this month!

#youdon'tknowme
What is it like walking on eggshells, keeping your head down for 40 years?...Yes sir, no sir, I will do better sir. Everyone else who gets disciplined must deserve it...

I was hired about the same time as you. I am still working and I am a "trouble maker". But I have my self dignity because I stick up for myself and don't cower in the presence of any boss. I have so many warning letters I am going to wallpaper my bathroom for my retirement party with them. About 1 of 10 I deserved. They mean nothing.

Thoreau was right... "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation". They live thier lives in fear.

On second thought he was wrong, those men are not men at all, but boys, and they have never truly lived.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

What is it like walking on eggshells, keeping your head down for 40 years?...Yes sir, no sir, I will do better sir. Everyone else who gets disciplined must deserve it...

I was hired about the same time as you. I am still working and I am a "trouble maker". But I have my self dignity because I stick up for myself and don't cower in the presence of any boss. I have so many warning letters I am going to wallpaper my bathroom for my retirement party with them. About 1 of 10 I deserved. They mean nothing.

Thoreau was right... "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation". They live thier lives in fear.

On second thought he was wrong, those men are not men at all, but boys, and they have never truly lived.
What is interesting: I am attacked yet you get a soft pass. Yet, all manner of wild speculation is made about me, assumptions calling me a liar. Based on nothing. Really hateful, jealous stuff. And gosh after 40 years of having a great job, you are bound to accumulate some assets, homes, cars hell even an airplane. But yet, you make those same assumptions about my daily attitude or manner? How could you POSSIBLY know? Yet, we have folks here longer than me and get accolades just short of getting on there knees.....

542thruNthru

. But yet, you make those same assumptions about my daily attitude or manner? How could you POSSIBLY know? Yet, we have folks here longer than me and get accolades just short of getting on there knees.....
Hmmm maybe because it's in almost every one of your posts.

All your safety posts. Your advice to other members about being good little puppies or they'll lose their jobs.

It's blatantly obvious the type of "man" you are.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
What is interesting: I am attacked yet you get a soft pass. Yet, all manner of wild speculation is made about me, assumptions calling me a liar. Based on nothing. Really hateful, jealous stuff. And gosh after 40 years of having a great job, you are bound to accumulate some assets, homes, cars hell even an airplane. But yet, you make those same assumptions about my daily attitude or manner? How could you POSSIBLY know? Yet, we have folks here longer than me and get accolades just short of getting on there knees.....
If the company knew who you were, they would immediately give your pathetic supervisor salary a bump in pay.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’ll do ya one better I was going to be given a working termination for stepping off the back of the truck without three points of contact on the dock inside the building. That came on the heels of getting a warning letter a couple days previously for walking back to the truck and looking at my phone. Our strong union settled for a 3 day suspension. Worked out nice, got a five day weekend.

542thruNthru

I’ll do ya one better I was going to be given a working termination for stepping off the back of the truck without three points of contact on the dock inside the building. That came on the heels of getting a warning letter a couple days previously for walking back to the truck and looking at my phone. Our strong union settled for a 3 day suspension. Worked out nice, got a five day weekend.
3 day suspension for separate safety method infractions? Ouch