Next CEO - Poll

Who’s the next CEO?

• Total voters

RolloTony Brown Town

Well then they would understand what Orion (when used) costs the company everyday. I would guess that Orion costs 2 billion a year. I assumed 78,000 routes costing an extra $100 a day. $7.8mil a day times 260 days a year.

It doesn’t cost that much on all routes because Most drivers don’t follow it really at all. It would be nice to have board members that have been on the ground level and understand ups. At this point we continue to get further and further away from that. There is no hope that it’s going the other way but one can dream.

I think the bigger problem is the man power they put in to implement Orion. That and in many centers, supervisors can’t fix Orion. I spent a lot of time trying to make it work. It’s not broken, but there are factors that aren’t taken into account with orion’s Parameters.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
when the premise is a straight line to the next stop with no regards to any other factors, that is an imperfect, broken system

and my favorite is the 1300 resi commits locked in when EDD was implemented

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
It doesn’t cost that much on all routes because Most drivers don’t follow it really at all. It would be nice to have board members that have been on the ground level and understand ups. At this point we continue to get further and further away from that. There is no hope that it’s going the other way but one can dream.

I think the bigger problem is the man power they put in to implement Orion. That and in many centers, supervisors can’t fix Orion. I spent a lot of time trying to make it work. It’s not broken, but there are factors that aren’t taken into account with orion’s Parameters.
Id say I spend a solid 10-15 extra minutes a day scrolling through the Orion problem. Plus, I just can't get into a good groove like I used to.
Why take the option to view rdo/odo away is still almost beyond my comprehension.