Next Gen "DIAD" will indeed be modified smartphones

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This info has reached center managers where mine talked about it this morning.

Similar to the helper phones currently in use, after DIAD 5 is phased out, we will be getting these modified phones.

Of course this is for good and bad.

Inputting text will be a pain, especially in the winter when you want to wear gloves.

Compactness is nice in one sense but what will you use to fend off a dog on the attack? The DIAD, even the size or the 5, is a nice tool to put in front of the dogs jaw.

They'll need to be made to work outside of good signal areas. The current helper units have trouble in weak cell areas.
The 5 is just about perfect. There's no need to go smaller. Why not use the size and increase in technology to make a battery that actually lasts or memory to hold sufficient data.

GameCockFan

Heard about it this week. All good except, no cell service in our building. So good luck with that. Tech guy was there and said minimum 5k for cheapest wifi solution, 40k to actually put in something that works and is up to standards. They're installing the new ivis/cell phone holder/chargers in our tractors this week. Guess we can drive closer to civilization to get a signal lol

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
cheaper, easier to upgrade, easier to integrate new technology with

in theory at least

Yes.
Those of us who have experienced how "The Theory of ORION" works in the Real World, know all too well how IE's "theories" on a computer screen do Nothing but make the job even more difficult and frustrating in Reality.

Theory DOES NOT equate to Reality.

ORION:
A perfect example of trying to reinvent the wheel.

DIAD 6 ?: Rinse and Repeat.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yes.
Those of us who have experienced how "The Theory of ORION" works in the Real World, know all too well how IE's "theories" on a computer screen do Nothing but make the job even more difficult and frustrating in Reality.

Theory DOES NOT equate to Reality.

ORION:
A perfect example of trying to reinvent the wheel.

DIAD 6 ?: Rinse and Repeat.
If our corporate management had any integrity or balls, they would stand behind ORION by putting it in writing that no driver will face discipline for methods violations or service failures that are due to following ORION.
Do that, and I might be willing to buy into it.
But since they are gutless cowards with zero integrity, they wont do that.
Instead, they will blame us and hold us responsible for the failure of their plan, while at the same time ramming ORION down our throats and intentionally crippling our ability to make smart decisions by deliberately hiding RDO from us in order to prevent us from being able to view the manifest in the order in which it was loaded.
Set us up to fail, then blame us when we fail. Way to stand behind your product, UPS.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
This is what the feeder’s version looks like. It’s just a two or three generation-old Samsung phone in a very hard case.

Attachments

• C2998D6D-8EA7-446A-9B84-49404352DB8C.jpeg
    C2998D6D-8EA7-446A-9B84-49404352DB8C.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 234

DeliveryMachine

If UPS stays true to past decisions, probably exactly 12 days before Christmas. That’s way we can get used to it before we’re busy.....
I remember when they forced drivers to use the helper phones/diads for the whole day without showing anyone how it works or how to even log in. I’ve never been so amazed at these idiots. I forgot the pin # when I got back and didn’t know how to punch out. My steward was standing there and I asked him for help. He said he didn’t know either and to just sit it down and leave. Not our fault we weren’t trained.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
317ABFA7-8F43-4573-995B-9346C844ED43.jpeg
At least the cell phones they use for peak will have the ability for RDO view I might just give the helper my diad and I’ll use the cellphone.