Night sort isle air driver combo job

AlliSeeisBrown

I'm basically doing this now. I work inside twilight 6p-10p, then load up a combo and shuttle it somewhere in the state. Get back around 4-5am. Then go to my primary job 8a-5p. Raking it in.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Anyone out there have any experience with this job
pretty much every air/inside combo 22.3 job is crap, unless you have over 20+ years company seniority, then the pay rate is okay. Or, if you are low seniority, only work a couple hours inside and get most hours on-road at top air rate. These jobs are usually reserved for new FT's who get bumped, or in a few less likely situations, older drivers who are cruising to retirement.

DriverNerd

My first full time UPS job was air driver/midnight sort combo. I wasn't part time all that long and it was a good way to get full time. The traveling between our airport and ground hub was a pain, as was split pay (I made more doing the driving part, but only made inside part time wage doing the sort). Did it for a year in a half until an inside/inside bid came up that not many full timers wanted. Many years later a driving bid came up and I won that, all because I did the crappy job all those years ago (my full time seniority was much higher than if I waited for a good combo as a part timer).

Sum up: Crap job, crap pay, good way to obtain full time seniority and guarantee pay.