No announcement about pay actions????

Aquaman

That's been the playbook for years. Give raises and take them all back in the form of higher Premiums to use the Fedex Health care system. It's genius.
I’m pretty surprised they haven’t announced anything yet. I think they’re stuck. They don’t know what to do. They don’t want to give us a step raise… but with profits being high and morale being so low, they know what will happen if they don’t. I think they’re weighing the risk. Seeing if they could survive the turnover after a 2%-3% raise. Crunching the numbers. They’ll end up being too uncertain about it and not give us the step. Bad news for top out is I think the company really likes the one time bonus payout for them.

Last edited:

fedx

Extra Large Package
I’m pretty surprised they haven’t announced anything yet. I think they’re stuck. They don’t know what to do. They don’t want to give us a step raise… but with profits being high and morale being so low, they know what will happen if they don’t. I think they’re weighing the risk. Seeing if they could survive the turnover after a 2%-3% raise. Crunching the numbers. They’ll end up being too uncertain about it and not give us the step. Bad news for top out is I think the company really likes the one time bonus payout for them.I

I'm thinking the same thing. They are in a real pickle. That Ground contractor Spencer Patton is threatening to shut down right before peak. FedEx raised their dividend to investors by 53% just a month or so ago. And you have Express employees who are going to be really p!ssed and quit if we don't get a pay step. They've backed themselves into a corner and don't know what to do. They are anticipating a recession, but aren't positive. They screwed Express employees two years in a row due to Covid while they made record profits. This company sucks and employees are realizing it's a dead end job with virtually no future. If they give raises, it's going to hurt their massive profits, but if they don't, they're be a big exodus of employees out the door for other jobs and rightfully so. I think if they don't give a pay step, it will be the beginning of the end of FedEx with a massive understaffing that they won't be able to correct. I can see the writing on the wall.

Buhryein

it just looks bad right now. Like I mentioned before, managers WERE notified they would have info to give us first week of August. Then it went silent with no update since (when i asked District Mngr, they back peddled and said "no they said during the month of Aug... ok well that is getting close as well) . I see it like There's likely two scenarios.

1. they had a crummy/no raise set and are now scrambling to make some kind of adjustment (like the after the fact bonus they gave after saying top got nothing)

2. they had a decent raise set but are now scrambling to withdraw that so they can deal with ground by pulling express raise and without taking a hit on their profit side.

I'm thinking the same thing. They are in a real pickle. That Ground contractor Spencer Patton is threatening to shut down right before peak. FedEx raised their dividend to investors by 53% just a month or so ago. And you have Express employees who are going to be really p!ssed and quit if we don't get a pay step. They've backed themselves into a corner and don't know what to do. They are anticipating a recession, but aren't positive. They screwed Express employees two years in a row due to Covid while they made record profits. This company sucks and employees are realizing it's a dead end job with virtually no future. If they give raises, it's going to hurt their massive profits, but if they don't, they're be a big exodus of employees out the door for other jobs and rightfully so. I think if they don't give a pay step, it will be the beginning of the end of FedEx with a massive understaffing that they won't be able to correct. I can see the writing on the wall.
Very good analysis of the situation. Thank you...

And you have plenty of 20 and 30 year employees that could retire and are just waiting for the next bad news scenario. They're literally just looking for a reason to retire or quit. Many of them are leaving and without other jobs lined up they're so frustrated. We have so many jobs in our market starting at higher rates that anybody with less than 5 years has no incentive to stay at this point. The longer they delay the more suspicious everyone's getting as well. For those of us that have been around for more than a minute we know that when they have good news they announce it early and pump it up constantly, anything bad they wait till the last minute to spring it on us.

yadig

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians! We don’t have express handlers at ramp no more all we have are temps. They are making 10.00 more a hour than the company employees but don’t get the benefits. I can guarantee if the company doesn’t give a substantial raise that you will see a really bad peak! I heard ups gave a raise due to the high inflation plus they’ll get there regular raise also. How can they afford to do both? Good management and PRODUCTIVITY! One truck on one street getting it done!

Buhryein

I heard ups gave a raise due to the high inflation plus they’ll get there regular raise also. How can they afford to do both? Good management and PRODUCTIVITY! One truck on one street getting it done!
Yes you're correct about them getting a COL boost and their reg raise.

How can they afford it? Easy fedex can afford it as well.

It's not about good management and productivity. It's not because one truck on one street (they happen to cross over as much as we do in my area at least).

They get it because they are union and that's the bottom line.