No announcement about pay actions????

Buhryein

The fact that Express doesn't budget for raises in their annual revenue breakdown tells me they have either a bunch of incompetent people running this ship or they just don't care-or both. Wages/raises are just an afterthought. If they have a ton of money leftover, they might give a raise depending on how they feel.

They 100% do budget for it. Unfortunately they will decide if they can use that budget for something else lol

Aquaman

Was announced here this morning too. No details on if steps are going up.
If top is going up 3 percent they should adjust them all 3 percent. FedEx got into this problem by moving the top at a rate the other pay couldn’t keep up with. 3 percent to step 10 with nothing to step 9 makes that gap even larger and more expensive during years that maybe aren’t so great. They have the money this year…. Move all the steps up 3%. Keep the gaps semi consistent while also increasing starting pay & top out. This company is dumb though so I doubt they’re thinking that far ahead.

Maui

Was announced here this morning too. No details on if steps are going up.
Increase in step amount also, but the amount wasn't announced. I'd guess bigger movement at the bottom steps.

Handler minimum $15 - this is required by law as a federal contractor, but not mentioned
3% for hourly range positions including top out
3% merit pool for staff hourly and exempt with a 3% lump sum for top out. No actual raise for top out here since 2018!

purplelife

Screenshot_20220829-113700_Facebook.jpg

MAKAVELI

Why can’t they tell everyone what the steps are being increased to. 3% to top out and what percentage to the other steps?! Only FedEx could announce a raise without letting everyone know what it will be haha.
I would guess that's because this was a last minute decision and they haven't decided how much to increase the steps. Step 1 most likely will get 3% as well as the top. 2 through 9 will have to go through their voodoo math to see what adjustments they get.

purplelife

Last few years they have adjusted the first couple steps without touching the rest. I would think they will move each step 3% and adjust those again to raise starting pay again. Helping new hires but making them closer to current employees which didn't go over well.

Fedexcellent

Yay, so a roughly 7 percent pay cut when taking inflation into it

I would guess that's because this was a last minute decision and they haven't decided how much to increase the steps. Step 1 most likely will get 3% as well as the top. 2 through 9 will have to go through their voodoo math to see what adjustments they get.
Anyone have picture of the current pay scales??

Aquaman

Then they shouldn’t have said anything till it’s done. Does everything have to be so half baked? They know damn well what they’re giving the other steps. When you announce a raise… employees want to know how much.

MAKAVELI

Then they shouldn’t have said anything till it’s done. Does everything have to be so half baked? They know damn well what they’re giving the other steps. When you announce a raise… employees want to know how much.
If you've been here a while, you should know that's how they've always handled employee pay actions. Shi t last year they weren't going give top out anything until the last minute.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Whoopie. 3% huh?

They'll raise insurance costs and find something else to take away to absorb the increase.

Don't trust them.