No Call, no show (preload)

542thruNthru

It is back breaking and HOT work. I did it for 10 years and my body is still reminding me. They absolutely deserve more than Joe Blow flipping burgers.

That being said, the quality of hub workers, at least when I was there, has gone WAY down. We used to bust our asses everyday just for bragging rights. It was a pride thing. If you were the slacker on the PD, you were ridiculed. We had no respect for you. Now these guys are touching their phones more than packages and I swear I get a contact high walking behind them coming through the guard shack.
Yet now you're a feeder driver. That pride for hard work vanished like a fart in the wind! :)

Yolo

It is back breaking and HOT work. I did it for 10 years and my body is still reminding me. They absolutely deserve more than Joe Blow flipping burgers.

That being said, the quality of hub workers, at least when I was there, has gone WAY down. We used to bust our asses everyday just for bragging rights. It was a pride thing. If you were the slacker on the PD, you were ridiculed. We had no respect for you. Now these guys are touching their phones more than packages and I swear I get a contact high walking behind them coming through the guard shack.

I mean If we treated part timers better than the quality would go up.

El Correcto

god is dead
I mean If we treated part timers better than the quality would go up.
Being part time at UPS was wonderful for me and I made less than these dudes do now.
You just got to have a set of balls and bother to talk to the union stewards and learn how to play the game.

El Correcto

god is dead
I was dead set on being a ups driver since I was in high school making fun of one’s short shorts when he delivered to my school. My teacher told me how much he makes wearing those short shorts around.

I wear pants everyday.

Back From Break
Uhhh. The part timers are fighting for higher wages. Do you live under a rock?

Uhhh, you need more than a handful of part-timers fighting for higher wages in order for their voice to be heard.

Part-timers have the numbers. If they voted, they could control the entire contract. But, they don't vote or care, with a few exceptions.

Yolo

The sad reality is making minimum wage,having a criminal manager shaving your time card,working over 6 hours with a 10 minute break,having half the crew on a staggered start (without telling them) shaping up everyday especially new hires to save the billion dollar company a whopping 3.75!!Sending all the workers home having the supervisors do all the work because they don't want to pay us...15 dollars an hour in todays world does not equal the 9.50 that they were paying 20 years ago.

But come Christmas you're expected to quit your 2nd job and work 60 hours a week at UPS.

Hey since I'm being forced to work ft hours and then some can I be classified as ft? Nope fu

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Being part time at UPS was wonderful for me and I made less than these dudes do now.
You just got to have a set of balls and bother to talk to the union stewards and learn how to play the game.
My steward is catching bulk for the unit manager.I am going to write him up for working.That's the type of steward I have.I had to tell a guy I work with tonight who has been there for a year that the supervisors are not allowed to work,nobody I work with knows that we have a contract or rights as a union member.I blame the union for not putting for a better effort on educating their newer members.

Swanson

But come Christmas you're expected to quit your 2nd job and work 60 hours a week at UPS.

Hey since I'm being forced to work ft hours and then some can I be classified as ft? Nope fu
I dont do doubles I don't trust management at my center. I dont know if they would even pay me

542thruNthru

My steward is catching bulk for the unit manager.I am going to write him up for working.That's the type of steward I have.I had to tell a guy I work with tonight who has been there for a year that the supervisors are not allowed to work,nobody I work with knows that we have a contract or rights as a union member.I blame the union for not putting for a better effort on educating their newer members.
I highly doubt the majority of people you work with from LU 396 doesn't know they have a contract or rights.

Swanson

I highly doubt the majority of people you work with from LU 396 doesn't know they have a contract or rights.
The guys I work with don't, can't speak for the local or other hubs.But I will educate as many as possible,I will file on any violation of the contract that I see,someone has gotta stand up since the steward is in bed with management.

542thruNthru

The guys I work with don't, can't speak for the local or other hubs.But I will educate as many as possible,I will file on any violation of the contract that I see,someone has gotta stand up since the steward is in bed with management.
"In bed with management"

This saying seems to get thrown around a lot on this site.

Are you going to become a steward? Do they elect stewards in your local or appoint them?

Swanson

"In bed with management"

This saying seems to get thrown around a lot on this site.

Are you going to become a steward? Do they elect stewards in your local or appoint them?
I would do it I think they are elected my ba knows our stew is garbage