No concessions my :censored:

Trucker Clock

To me this looks like they took money from the health care and the pension and used it for a raise in wages.

UPS got to drop the H&W payments by $0.50, because that is all the plans need to continue our coverage. Does this mean that we should get that $0.50 added to our raises? Or did that $0.50 go to our raises?

It's all part of their total economic package. They saved $0.50 on "this" part of the contract. so maybe they added $0.50 to "this" other part of the contract. Who knows.

UPS got to drop the H&W payments by $0.50, because that is all the plans need to continue our coverage. Does this mean that we should get that $0.50 added to our raises? Or did that $0.50 go to our raises?

It's all part of their total economic package. They saved $0.50 on "this" part of the contract. so maybe they added $0.50 to "this" other part of the contract. Who knows.
Looks like they added to the Central pension

Thebrownblob

Looks like they added to the Central pension
1691064979266.gif

Trucker Clock

Seems like a lot of the supplements read this way regarding dropping to $.50, is this where they’re getting the raise money?

Most are getting $7.50. Some are getting $9.00. Some are getting even more.

And you think this $0.50 is where they got the raise money?

DOK

Anyone else have 4-10 hour day work week written in their supplement, how’s that work? With 9.5 list and how do achieve route coverage.

How are you kicking the can? I belong to Teamcare and not everyone does. They have gone from 16 months of reserves to over 30 months since we were moved from the company benefits to them. That includes a worldwide epidemic. Most healthcare plans have less than 12 months reserves. Seems to me that 30 is greater than 12? Therefore, the plan is healthier than ever before. They have increased benefits since I have been in them. They are a "not for profit" company so they have to give out additional benefit if they have extra or risk having IRS issues. Retired benefits were never guaranteed until we switched in 2014 and they only go until you reach Medicare age anyway. I can't understand the argument about worrying about what will happen in 5,10, 20 years when you have no control over it. If this is your position, please feel free to vote no. I hope the sky falls for you soon so you can be happy.
Why not eliminate the premium retirees pay with that extra money?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Will not happen with the current projections.

Well, I guess anything can happen. So do you want UPS to pay $1/hr and have these plans flush with millions in extra cash?

The actuary's give UPS a number of what they need to maintain benefits. Yes, the sun may not rise tomorrow.
Or even better(NOT), they agree to pay a dollar "if needed" but keep the difference every year. In otherwords, 45 cents is needed and UPS gets to keep 55 cents because that's all they needed.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Why not eliminate the premium retirees pay with that extra money?
Because the Union can not mandate the operation of the pension and healthcare funds. The trustees of those funds, possibly Teamcare, would have to make those moves. I don't know if they can change it if it is in the contract as well.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Because the Union can not mandate the operation of the pension and healthcare funds. The trustees of those funds, possibly Teamcare, would have to make those moves. I don't know if they can change it if it is in the contract as well.

This is oversimplification, break it down to what the Company has to provide monetarily with the previous Contract and this TA:

a. GWI (General Wage Increases) every year:

2018 - 2023…………..1.00 an hour (COLA)

2023 - 2028…………. 1.50 an hour

b. Health and Welfare increases ever year:

2018 - 2023…………….50 cents an hour

2023 - 2028…………….50 cents an hour

Based on 40 hours straight time, no O/T

c. Pension monetary contributions every year:

2018 - 2023…………….50 cents an hour

2023 - 2023…………….0. ❓ (Except for those plans that are still in the red zone).❔

Based on 40 hours straight time, no O/T

On second thought I may of complicated the matter…

Questions please..? (Ask @BigUnionGuy )