No concessions my :censored:

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
So everyone else's rates are skyrocketing??????? So what? Most of them are paying a percentage of those rates so it matters because they make less money because the company gives them a raise and takes back even more in benefits. This is not the case here. You have guaranteed healthcare with no cost to you; you have guaranteed raises as well. You're not losing buying power. YOU GAINED. If you want to vote on a contract , you vote on what is in it, NOT what the rest of the world is doing. Fuel prices are going up so should I demand that the company pays my gas to and from the company?

So everyone else's rates are skyrocketing??????? So what? Most of them are paying a percentage of those rates so it matters because they make less money because the company gives them a raise and takes back even more in benefits. This is not the case here. You have guaranteed healthcare with no cost to you; you have guaranteed raises as well. You're not losing buying power. YOU GAINED. If you want to vote on a contract , you vote on what is in it, NOT what the rest of the world is doing. Fuel prices are going up so should I demand that the company pays my gas to and from the company?
You not understanding what I'm trying to say my friend.
The company could have gave us a slightly smaller raise and put a little bit more money into the health care and pension fund and have saved us and the company money

BrownMonk

I get it but if you retired and they rage your health care premiums what would you think about that?

You can't keep kicking the can down the road
How are you kicking the can? I belong to Teamcare and not everyone does. They have gone from 16 months of reserves to over 30 months since we were moved from the company benefits to them. That includes a worldwide epidemic. Most healthcare plans have less than 12 months reserves. Seems to me that 30 is greater than 12? Therefore, the plan is healthier than ever before. They have increased benefits since I have been in them. They are a "not for profit" company so they have to give out additional benefit if they have extra or risk having IRS issues. Retired benefits were never guaranteed until we switched in 2014 and they only go until you reach Medicare age anyway. I can't understand the argument about worrying about what will happen in 5,10, 20 years when you have no control over it. If this is your position, please feel free to vote no. I hope the sky falls for you soon so you can be happy.

How are you kicking the can? I belong to Teamcare and not everyone does. They have gone from 16 months of reserves to over 30 months since we were moved from the company benefits to them. That includes a worldwide epidemic. Most healthcare plans have less than 12 months reserves. Seems to me that 30 is greater than 12? Therefore, the plan is healthier than ever before. They have increased benefits since I have been in them. They are a "not for profit" company so they have to give out additional benefit if they have extra or risk having IRS issues. Retired benefits were never guaranteed until we switched in 2014 and they only go until you reach Medicare age anyway. I can't understand the argument about worrying about what will happen in 5,10, 20 years when you have no control over it. If this is your position, please feel free to vote no. I hope the sky falls for you soon so you can be happy.
I'm just telling you the company could have allocated the money a little bit better and saved both of us some money

BrownMonk

The company could have gave us a slightly smaller raise and put a little bit more money into the health care and pension fund and have saved us and the company money
I don't care about the company saving money. I want them to do well so my brown brothers have a job for life and we can keep getting great raises, but they have made billions over the last few years and we are only taking a portion of the PROFITS. If they were losing money, they would ask us to pay a portion of the premium like 95% of the rest of the country. We don't. If cable TV tells me that they are guaranteeing my rate for the next 3 years, I am not going to pay them extra every month because I want them to do better. I will pay the quoted rate. Same with cell phones, etc. We provide a service and they have guaranteed a rate in the form of pension, healthcare and wage. Enough said.

I don't care about the company saving money. I want them to do well so my brown brothers have a job for life and we can keep getting great raises, but they have made billions over the last few years and we are only taking a portion of the PROFITS. If they were losing money, they would ask us to pay a portion of the premium like 95% of the rest of the country. We don't. If cable TV tells me that they are guaranteeing my rate for the next 3 years, I am not going to pay them extra every month because I want them to do better. I will pay the quoted rate. Same with cell phones, etc. We provide a service and they have guaranteed a rate in the form of pension, healthcare and wage. Enough said.
I'm the same company could have gave us a little bit more money at the same time saving the company a little bit of money.

Like you I will not be here the end of this cont ract so no matter what raises I get does not matter.

But I did not think this is the best deal for the future generation

Trucker Clock

I believe he understands, but you don't seem to.

The H&W plans ran the numbers. Ran the projections for the next 5 years, including cost increases. They came up with the number that $0.50/hr will cover the H&W for the next 5 years and the plans will maintain the same coverage.

5 years down the road, when a new contract will be negotiated, those numbers may change. That will be taken up in the next contract. For the time being, the actuary's came up with a number to maintain H&W for the next 5 years.

I know you think it is not right, and it's a concession, but they ran the numbers. And they know a helluva lot more than you and me.

I believe he understands, but you don't seem to.

The H&W plans ran the numbers. Ran the projections for the next 5 years, including cost increases. They came up with the number that $0.50/hr will cover the H&W for the next 5 years and the plans will maintain the same coverage.

5 years down the road, when a new contract will be negotiated, those numbers may change. That will be taken up in the next contract. For the time being, the actuary's came up with a number to maintain H&W for the next 5 years.

I know you think it is not right, and it's a concession, but they ran the numbers. And they know a helluva lot more than you and me.
UPS numbers are always correct

Trucker Clock

Let's see what happens in a couple years when I need you to start paying some more deductibles

Will not happen with the current projections.

Well, I guess anything can happen. So do you want UPS to pay $1/hr and have these plans flush with millions in extra cash?

The actuary's give UPS a number of what they need to maintain benefits. Yes, the sun may not rise tomorrow.

Will not happen with the current projections.

Well, I guess anything can happen. So do you want UPS to pay $1/hr and have these plans flush with millions in extra cash?

The actuary's give UPS a number of what they need to maintain benefits. Yes, the sun may not rise tomorrow.
To me this looks like they took money from the health care and the pension and used it for a raise in wages.