No concessions my :censored:

Staydryitsraining

I have never liked this plan for that reason even though we have a great plan. Our previous company provided plan could not make those changes mid contract. My wife’s contract at her work can’t either. But we’re supposed to believe that everything’s all good and vote yes.
Another important issue getting zero attention and traction.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Makes no sense, with health insurance rates going up everywhere, cost of treatments going up, you lower contributions.
They are not reducing the rate. Just like every other year, they won't be using more than the 50 cents agreed to so why not put that money that is not being used and add it to base wage.

They are not reducing the rate. Just like every other year, they won't be using more than the 50 cents agreed to so why not put that money that is not being used and add it to base wage.
That 50 cent raise going to the hourly raises cost the company and both of us a lot more money than that going into the healthcare

or the pension

BrownMonk

It may not be used today but the price of health Care has went through the roof
The rate was guaranteed to not exceed the 50 cents per year by Teamcare. The contract between the Teamsters/Teamcare/UPS guarantee the rates for the life of the agreement. Again, if you have a guarantee that the rate won't go higher, why negotiate for more.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The rate was guaranteed to not exceed the 50 cents per year by Teamcare. The contract between the Teamsters/Teamcare/UPS guarantee the rates for the life of the agreement. Again, if you have a guarantee that the rate won't go higher, why negotiate for more.
So they will eat the cost if expenses go up?

Healthcare is going for the roof
Even though the plan may look good for now or maybe the next year or two five years is a long time at the rate that healthcare is going up.

BrownMonk

Healthcare is going for the roof
Even though the plan may look good for now or maybe the next year or two five years is a long time at the rate that healthcare is going up.

The Plan went up less than 50 cents during COVID. What catastrophe is going to pop up worse than that for the healthcare world? AGAIN, the healthcare guarantees the rate won't go any higher each year for the next 5 years.

BrownMonk

And what happened to the next contract?
Are you kidding? How about we talk about this in 5 years when a new contract is going to be voted on? This next 5 years is guaranteed. Let's wait to see what the 2027-2032 contract says. I will long be retired at that point. If it says they need 75 cents, then I'm guessing we will vote no if there is only 50 cents on the table. Crazy to worry about something happening 5 years from now in regards to numbers. Members would need more info closer to that time.

Are you kidding? How about we talk about this in 5 years when a new contract is going to be voted on? This next 5 years is guaranteed. Let's wait to see what the 2027-2032 contract says. I will long be retired at that point. If it says they need 75 cents, then I'm guessing we will vote no if there is only 50 cents on the table. Crazy to worry about something happening 5 years from now in regards to numbers. Members would need more info closer to that time.
I get it but if you retired and they rage your health care premiums what would you think about that?

You can't keep kicking the can down the road

Thebrownblob

I get it but if you retired and they rage your health care premiums what would you think about that?

You can't keep kicking the can down the road
1691008431403.gif