No more PVDs?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’m going out a limb. The language says they can’t be forced to use their own vehicles. If they AGREE to use their own vehicles, then what? This arbitration now classifies them as package drivers (not scabs) and will actually further their use going forward in my opinion. Possibly even in a year round scenario which is even worse. Always have to be careful what we wish for. I hope I’m way wrong.

Overpaid Union Thug

The decision was made yesterday on a 2019 grievance. They used PVD drivers for 2 years in the meantime. And they'll use them again this year. The union won't do anything but seethe and flap their gums.
But if they are successful in stopping them….we don’t even have enough package cars or rentals now. What would these PVDs drive? I guess they’ll hire more helpers instead and load us down like old school peak plans.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’m going out a limb. The language says they can’t be forced to use their own vehicles. If they AGREE to use their own vehicles, then what? This arbitration now classifies them as package drivers (not scabs) and will actually further their use going forward in my opinion. Possibly even in a year round scenario which is even worse. Always have to be careful what we wish for. I hope I’m way wrong.
If they have no other option than to use their vehicles than they’re being forced to use them.

Rack em

Made the Podium
But if they are successful in stopping them….we don’t even have enough package cars or rentals now. What would these PVDs drive? I guess they’ll hire more helpers instead and load us down like old school peak plans.
The company has plenty of time to get rentals situated before December. The company should never have to rely on employees using their personal vehicles to run it's business!

Rack em

Made the Podium
The real end goal for the union is to get language specifically blocking the use of any pvd. The union should have never allowed the use of pvd's to begin with.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
We will see what the union says, I'm kind of glad this happened in a election year. This should put some pressure on the IBT making good to its members by stating no more PVDs in their own vehicles.

preloader2driver

The same guys that hate PVDs are the same guys that complain about excessive work and excessive OT during peak. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ I knew going into this career I would be a slave during peak so the work and hrs don’t bother me.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Interesting though I doubt it. They would eventually qualify if used all year. What's to stop them from saying, "give me a package car, I'm not using my personal vehicle anymore" once they qualify? The whole point of them isn't to hire more drivers but as temp work that won't use ups equipment

Overpaid Union Thug

The company has plenty of time to get rentals situated before December. The company should never have to rely on employees using their personal vehicles to run it's business!
There aren’t enough rentals to rent. Not with so many of them already being used by us and FedEx. Whoever reaches our first will get what’s left. But I’m sure our leaders will drop the ball on that too.