No negotiations until 22nd!?

Nothing of any consequence has even been negotiated yet. I think the company is nervous and senses a different vibe. My update prediction is they get a handshake agreement within the last few days but the membership votes it down because the RPCD wages is not enough.

Everybody thinks, based on headlines, it’s all about increasing part-time wages, probably to show amazon workers what the Teamsters can do for them. Problem is most of them don’t vote. RPCDS in my building are not happy about this but it’s all speculation with probably some truth to it.
If they raise the part-time wage $4.50 an hour to make the $20 an hour
They're not going to do that for top rate rpcd drivers.

I don't know what else to tell you

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It's a pathetic future for this company because nobody wants to work
1684452992869.png

PT Car Washer

If they raise the part-time wage $4.50 an hour to make the $20 an hour
They're not going to do that for top rate rpcd drivers.

I don't know what else to tell you
The company is already paying $20/hr and more for PT at many locations. Going to have to do better than that if UPS wants to attract quality help. It has to be cheaper in the short and long run to hire people who will stick around for longer than the first paycheck.

Drhst29

$50/hr day one of new contract for RCPD or it's a no vote for myself. I don't give a friend about any of this junk that our union has updated us about as "wins".

Brownwind

$50/hr day one of new contract for RCPD or it's a no vote for myself. I don't give a friend about any of this junk that our union has updated us about as "wins".
$50. Would be great. Don’t forget about our benefits.

Not sure if you are serious or just looking for a reaction. Wish you well but don’t hold your breath.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The company is already paying $20/hr and more for PT at many locations. Going to have to do better than that if UPS wants to attract quality help. It has to be cheaper in the short and long run to hire people who will stick around for longer than the first paycheck.
For a part-timers who also get 0 premium health insurance and a pension? 🤣
They arent worth 25 an hour when all they do is call-in, destroy packages and misload trucks. It's a part-time job, guy.

K20A

I figure she threw the driver wages in to gain favor for the company from the public if we do end up striking. She's hoping for people on the outside to think something like "I can't believe you driver's make that much money and still strike, we need our trinkets from China so get back to work". It's not always about the money, and most of the negotiations are for things other than salary i.e. life/work balance, public doesn't get that.

They can’t even see us taking our breaks without harassing you. “Do you have anything for my house?”

The public didn’t care about us during the pandemic, and they don’t care now. They thought they were “doing their part” by staying home, getting free government money, and ordering $50 a roll toilet paper. All we have is each other. It’s up to us to change the narrative. Excessive OT is as much a strike issue as 22.4, at least in my opinion it is. Forget 9.5 make it 9.0 everyday, no freebies for the company.